Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

You should see the video of Boeing making a MIP installation on a flight deck. It's on one of the newer '57's or '67's I think, but it looks a heck of a lot like FSD's MIP without the light plates.

Pretty cool actually. Sorry I don't have a link for you to see it. It might have been on You Tube.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Boeing build something around a component that they don't think would ever have to be looked at unless it was a D-check some 20,000 hours down the road. Especialy if it was a non-essential component or function.

If it works, your feet are warm. If it doesn't and you fly that tail number a lot, wear warm socks.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

It would be great to see that video. Have to see If I can find it.

"If it works, your feet are warm. If it doesn't and you fly that tail number a lot, wear warm socks "

FYI its the opposite. Whatever temp you set for the flightdeck thats the temp thats constantly blowing on your feet. Gets hot pretty fast.

Gary

Tnx for al the info guys. Now I know where the grooves in the glare wing are for.

For those who have built it in their sims: how did you realise it? Did you regulate it through FS (so it is simulated, including power failures etc) or did you just hardwire it?

150+ Forum Groupie

For my part, I haven't gotten that far yet. But I will wire everything up so that I can add regulators and relays at a later stage. All you need is a regulator of some sort in line with the power wires. That takes care of the dimming. Then you need a relay that can cut the power completely, controlled by the interface. The rest is pure software.
    It depends on how complex you want the sim to be. My intention is to make sure everything is built in a manner that makes me able to implement any changes at a later stage.
    This is really where the planning comes to play. If you've done your research, you know how this or that works. Then you can build this or that section knowing that you can add features at a later stage.
    If one should build everything down to the last detail right away, the pit would take a LONG time to get operational. The clue is allways to be able to fly the thing. That will keep your motivation up, you discover which features you want or don't care about - and last, but NOT least: Should you ever discover that you're fed up with this hobby and want to stop, you haven't wasted money on stuff that you haven't used yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12