Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Another "newbie"

Hello to one and all, Well not quite a newbie, as i've been a member since November 2008, BUT have been quietly watching and listening. Made my first real effort to start ungrading from just "desk-top" simming last October by contacting Ian Sissons about Lelystad in Nov. Well long story cut short, went to Lelystad, and met up with a great bunch of guys, and made the choice....737NG. This is based on my interest in NASA, and the Boeing 737-200 N515NA that they used with the FAA for flight testing; to name one area....GLASS COCKPITS....so as homage to that bird (now retired), I'm building my own glass cockpit.
    A bit about me...turned 53 this March, a Teaching Assistent in a local secondary school (6 yrs), gained my PPL in sept. 89, flown mostly singles - claim to fame, having 'flown' a professional sim - Space Shuttle sim - thanks to NASA JSC Houston, when I visited Texas in 2000 and 2001. Into spaceflight (as long as I can remember) and associated modelling, have two adult sons, own a 27yr old Mk1 Golf (yes it's Mars Red!), and itchy fingers to build my sim. Have bought Engravity MCP, CPflight Com and Nav radios, running XP, FS9, PMDG 737-600/700. Have scanned the various sites and MC downloads section for cockpit measurements so ready to "cut some wood" this easter holiday.
    I have restored a Martin Baker MkH5-A1 ejection seat, that was built in 1968 by Martin Baker, for the US Navy/Marines F-4J Phantom, with this I now have the main instrument panel, and 60% of each of the "front office" side panels, also "storming norman" (a mannequin) in full USN/USMC Vietnam F-4 flight gear. ( hhhmmmmm.....going to need a bigger house!! ). Luckily the girlfriend and I live in our own houses.....for the moment, and she seem quite happy with my passion for aviation! phew! that's it! Regards, John Perrin, aka Flymo001

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Welcome to the forum John. It sounds like you have a good start with the equipment for the 737. Show us some photos when you start cutting.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!