25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Interfacing MCDU through FSUIPC

Hello,
    I have tried searching this forum and other places for fsuipc offsets, but have not found any answers yet.
    I would like to be able to interface a MCDU to FS, but I do not see any offsets reserved for the buttons on the MCDU, how are people doing it?
    I am building my system using fsbus if this has any relivance.
    Thanks,

Michal

300+ Forum Addict

Hi,

Often these variables are aircraft model-specific. For instance if you get a Wilco model for a 737 and another model from a different company then some of the offsets might be different. That said, there are some standard offsets for MDCU functions if you are using FS9/FSX stock aircraft. Also, if you are using add-on panel packages like PM or VAS they too have some non-standard offsets.

What functions are you looking for maybe we can help find them? There are tons of folks here that know this stuff very, very well so getting this info should be pretty easy.

Hope this helps,

BuddyM

25+ Posting Member

Hello BuddyM,
    thanks for the reply and the information. Being fairly new to cockpit building, there is a lot of information to take in. I was not aware that different aircraft are using different offsets.
    Currently I am using wilco airbus A320, and have been able to interface a number of functionality through offsets I found in a document from PM (again, at the time I was not sure offsets vary based on add-on aircraft).
    Do you know if there exists a guide for offsets for wilco airbus?
    Basically what I am trying to do is figure out how to integrate a button press on hardware I have hooked up to my computer through fsbus, with a corresponding button press on the mcdu in the aircraft. I have not built the mcdu completey, but while in the process I thought it would be good to fool around with the integration side of things as well.
    Regards,

Michal

300+ Forum Addict

Ah, I too am a A320 builder. I have not made a final selection for the model yet, I have the Wilco model, and I have used the PSS as well. I had intended to ask these very same questions from the other Bus builders. There are some awesome Bus builders here and I am certain they have already been through the same questions we are facing now. I am not sure if the Wilco model uses standard offsets for all funtions, but I have used some standard offsets for altitude, speed, and heading in testing my FCU. When I fired up the VAS package I noted some variances right away. I am not sure which CDU I will use, but I would assume that there are probably some differences there too. Maybe some of the other A320 builders can help clarify the model/panel relationship for us.

As far as the PM stuff, I have read enough to know that PM has a lot of it's own offsets. Being that I have a small budget compared to other builders here, I will most likely never purchase PM anyway. The VAS package may well end up being adequate for my pit. Another builder here (jaheel) has posted some great standby gauges, and has posted a pic of a MIP package he is working on. Perhaps his will be another offreing we can look at for FCU/EFIS/CDU. I've never discussed the overhead stuff since I plan to build that in the distant future.

BuddyM