Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarification

Heli Builder
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

To me the BOM's are like the latest edition of the Popular Mechanics magazine (if not better than the PM). I just can't wait to see the next issue. Very inspiring. The monthly BOM post is of a high standard and a job well done.

Well done Rodney !!
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

500+ This must be a daytime job

I personally don't think we should bring voting into it as I like the way it is now. Although it took me a lot of searching back when i first going to conclude that the BOM wasn't determined in forum

If it was really wanted, there could be a BOY to be chosen by polling the members... from among the 12 BOMs. Once again, not something I personally would want. Makes it too much of a contest as opposed to a spotlight on yet another member of the family.

300+ Forum Addict

I think the builder of the month is very good part of this community. One of my favourites to read.

We are lucky and get to know the builders better, and see their project and plans in a nice way. Actually if the project is based on real stuff or homebuilt doesnt matter. The dream of a complete functional cockpit is still the same. I like very much to see projects based on real stuff because my project is based mostly of wood and aftermarket replica parts. Nothing beats the real thing. And I am sure that the real stuff builders enjoy seeing wood-simulators the same.

It really doesnt matter to me if the featured projects are "finished" or only half done. Remember if building real stuff, collecting parts is a huge and time-consuming job. But I am sure that the builder of the month award also includes some of the candidates forum activity. A builder that contribute and help others are valuable. Bet that this is also a criteria, and it should be. I am sure it is not easy to find a "worthy" builder of the month, every month. It would be a shame if the builder of the month should be voted on in the forums so everyone could see the voting process. What a bad idea. It does not feel good to be second, specially when it is your dream it is about. Should never rate people for their dreams. I think Michael does an excellent job to find a great candidate. Sure it is not easy every month.

An little thing to think about when people say that it is 5000 members here so it should be easy to find a candidate. Remember that only 10% of that 5000 members actually post a picture of their project now and then. Maybe as much as 50% of the members actually dont even have a project that they work on. This makes it really difficult to choose a builder every month. It is also many great projects out there that would deserve a show on NGC or Discovery channel. But how can we know? We see no pictures, and the members doesnt post, so we and Michael doesnt learn to know them in a way that helps select the builder of the month.

To be honored for your work is actually a very motivating thing. It really give you a push forward against your dream. It gave me my chance to tell the community more about myself. I am not "just an avatar on the forums" anymore. But you dont get famous, and there wont be screaming girls (I wish, lol) and autograph collectors outside the front door.

Keep up the good work with the builder of the month It is much appreciated

4. Thanks W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post

Airbus

3 things to say first off Im laughing my *** off at Ivars always top notch sense of humor but nicely wrapped in kind sevility 2nd Matt just to clarify Im not sure where you got the impression I or anyone else even remotely hinted that the BOM should only go to someone who completed their sim, I think maybe you misread or misunderstood somewhere along. Because I agree 1000 % with you that these projects never end, I was merely referring that the project should have some building progress thats all I ws eluding too nothing even close to project completion. And thirdly it is my fault lol this conversation even began, I think the world of Michael and have an lncredibly deep respect for him as a builder and as a member of this community, I was simply thinking of a way to maybe help him with indeed as my friend Ivar stated very difficult decisions, but truly up until now has done a **** of a job. So anyone who got their panties in a bunch because of me opening a hornets nest, my appologies and feel free to smack me in the piehole when we come face to face Otherwise Michael keep up the great job, glad its you and not me because truthfully I would have a **** of a time trying to make that decision. Guys like Ivar, Matt, Tevor, Nat, Brian, Andy, Maurice,Paul,Alex,Joe and the list is endless and everyone of these guys have exceeded my project and my capabilities and Im just proud to know them and watch their projects grow each day. So yes you guys truly are BOMs all of you. One thing I am not is a kiss A$$ to anyone and everyone who knows me is aware of that fact as a matter of fact Im farthest thing from, but what Im saying here is factual and needs to be said. So lets leave the BOM to the pro and just build, learn and whine LoL

Tim

6. Thanks Joe Cygan, ivar hestnes thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ivar hestnes View Post
    An little thing to think about when people say that it is 5000 members here so it should be easy to find a candidate. Remember that only 10% of that 5000 members actually post a picture of their project now and then. Maybe as much as 50% of the members actually dont even have a project that they work on. This makes it really difficult to choose a builder every month. It is also many great projects out there that would deserve a show on NGC or Discovery channel. But how can we know? We see no pictures, and the members doesnt post, so we and Michael doesnt learn to know them in a way that helps select the builder of the month.
    ..."You guys should come up some time...you'd enjoy the show. You would, really...

JFK Ground Controller to every pilot on the frequency during a very screwed up ground flow sequence.

Sometimes it's like that here with BOM. Don't ask...
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!