Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by ddimm View Post
    Hello Ian -

The frequency response of the ButtKicker is 10-250hz. From FlightSim.com - "The ButtKicker Gamer is a small, linear motor, which reacts to an audio signal sent by an 100 watt amplifier. The unit comes as a complete kit with amplifier, shaker, cables and all the accessories you need to connect it to either your PC or game console.
    The shaker is similar to a loudspeaker, but instead of moving a cone, and transferring sound waves through the air, it attaches to your seat column and sends low frequency sound directly into your body. The effect is amazing and extremely powerful."

Here is a link to a review of the product from FlightSim.com. http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/bk.htm It may provide some additional information and insight on the product.

Let us know what you think. Thanks!!!!
    Daniel

It is awesome, I use it. origionally connected to my "Car Seat" but actually moved it to connect with the floor or the sim instead so both seats get the feel. I too would love it we could synch the kicker to simulate landing bumps, turbulance and even breaks in concrete..Now that would be sweeeeet!

75+ Posting Member

I can remember reading a thread on a forum (not sure if it was this one or not) and someone mentioned that they had the butkicker, and that they felt all the taxi bumps and even the bumps as they went over the taxi way lights. They were so impressed with the experience it added to their sim. i will keep looking for the thread and will let you know if i find it. Would be worth asking how they produced those bumps for taxi, and running over taxi way lights. These i would imagine are not sound generated events.
    Trev

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy01 View Post
    I can remember reading a thread on a forum (not sure if it was this one or not) and someone mentioned that they had the butkicker, and that they felt all the taxi bumps and even the bumps as they went over the taxi way lights. They were so impressed with the experience it added to their sim. i will keep looking for the thread and will let you know if i find it. Would be worth asking how they produced those bumps for taxi, and running over taxi way lights. These i would imagine are not sound generated events.
    Trev
    As far as I can remember the taxi bump sounds are part of AES airports - that is where you may have found a thread relating to this.
    Bill
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123