25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSUIPC.ini question

Hi everyone

I`m at the point of doing a clean install of windows/FS on my machine and am looking to optimize how the rig is configured.

My fsuipc.ini contains a haphazard mix of general, aircraft-specific and one or two pattern-match specific axis/button configurations. It is crying out for some standardisation.

Does anyone have a policy about how the prepare their fsuipc.ini? Here`s my theory:

I`m thinking about renaming all the planes I fly regularly with a prefix of nP, nT or nJ where n is the number of engines and the letter designates the powerplant type.

Similarly I could have include the text AP in the name to indicate the presence of an mcp-style autopilot.

Does anyone know if the fsuipc.ini command 'ShortAircraftNameOK=Substring' will allow matching of multiple config blocks for a single aircraft? If it does I could make the fsuipc.ini almost modular..

Once set up with all the common permutations adding subsequent paints / aircraft types would simply be a case of renaming it in the aircraft.cfg.

I will try my modular theory out tomorrow and report back.

Cheers

James
    CH Yoke
    CH Pedals
    2 Saitek TQ`s
    Opencockpits multiradio
    GF LGT + T8
    BU0386x and custom autopilot control panel
    Basic pedestal and mip for generic GA sim in progress..

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlungs View Post
    I`m thinking about renaming all the planes I fly regularly with a prefix of nP, nT or nJ where n is the number of engines and the letter designates the powerplant type.
    Rather than worry about aircraft names, consider using the recently added Profiles system, making all the settings Profile specific rather than aircraft specific. Then it all gets easy.

Just arrange your settings into types/profiles, give those suitable profile names, and from then on assign your aircraft to one or other profile, as you load them up.

Does anyone know if the fsuipc.ini command 'ShortAircraftNameOK=Substring' will allow matching of multiple config blocks for a single aircraft?
    I'm not sure I understand that question, but if you mean matching separated parts of the same substring, no. The substring being matched must be present contiguously.

But it doesn't matter much if you switch to using Profiles.

Pete

3. Thanks rottenlungs thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Thanks Pete, having been 'nose-down' in the wiring side of my pit I realise my fsuipc version (and widefs) are probably a couple back now. I will checkout profiles immediately because that sounds like exactly what I need.

Best

James

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    Rather than worry about aircraft names, consider using the recently added Profiles system, making all the settings Profile specific rather than aircraft specific. Then it all gets easy.

Just arrange your settings into types/profiles, give those suitable profile names, and from then on assign your aircraft to one or other profile, as you load them up.

I'm not sure I understand that question, but if you mean matching separated parts of the same substring, no. The substring being matched must be present contiguously.

But it doesn't matter much if you switch to using Profiles.

Pete
    CH Yoke
    CH Pedals
    2 Saitek TQ`s
    Opencockpits multiradio
    GF LGT + T8
    BU0386x and custom autopilot control panel
    Basic pedestal and mip for generic GA sim in progress..