Thread: amazed

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

amazed

well folks i have decided to give FSX a try and level d , and im floored in what im seeing,* i stayed with fs9 for a long time because of time and money, but i decided with the new hardware out there i would upgrade .at first i was disapointed a year ago how slow fsx was, but now with the hardware upgrade im floored.im running e8500 , 9800 gtx+ , and i ran with what nicok recomemed as for set up and tuning your com.and i cannot believe the scenry im seeing , its like im really out doors flying in a level d.im running trph2go , and two other monitors and im still getting about 24 to 44 fps.im running a networked com with radar contac, ASA, flightsim commander.and this level d plane , well what more can i say its fabulous.im thinking of starting off with ground enviroment as my first add on, what do you folks think.and while im asking , i set up my ch quad and yolk , and im wondering why on the quad when i set up the spoiler and i engage , the spoiler will move but when i retract it will not move unless i hit the keyboard command. i made sure everything was turned off and set up.also in the virtual cocpit the display is not there , in fact it looks like someone took a crayon and sribbled in it.im sorry folks im excited on my set up right now , and im ready to do some serious flying.thanks..........................Robert

Posted via Mobile Device

I would definitely get GEX and UTX for North America. That will blow you away more.

Then if you really want to be totally blown away get FTX (but so far it's only for Australia.... get their demo of Tasmania).

http://fullterrain.com/

They are also working on North America (West coast first so it could be a while for whole of North America). Check out these screenshots of Seattle:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=9460.0

Scroll down towards the bottom......absolutely fantastic.

Regards,
    Henry
    Level D 767
    FSX

75+ Posting Member

Thats great new Robert,welcome to FSX.

I have also been pleasantly surprised with my frame rate considering that im running,

Display 1 -- Outside View
    Display 2 --- PFD
    Display 3 -- Eicas
    Display 4 -- FMC (Psone one display)

I typically get 25 - 35 fps running my Level-D , all on a E6600,without overclocking (yet).

There are many different views on eye-candy type software upgrades, but I found a frame rate improvement by going to GEX,REX, and World of AI, all three of which made the visuals oh so much better.

~Polmer