Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

alignment of views

Hi all,
    As you can see in the image below I'm playing with the visuals.

The idea is have left, fwd-left, fwd, fwd-right and right all together one after the another. In the pic right now I'm dealing with the first three.
    But it seems like the alignment isn't just right. As you can see the objects in the image are properly aligned, but the borders of the images aren't. Any idea on how to fix this?
    Thanx in advance.

10+ Posting Member

Not quite the answer you are looking for!!

I am presuming that each of the views is on a separate monitor, and if it this is the case, then WideView is probably your best bet. I have yet to do it myself, but I believe from research that the the settings offered via WideView will allow you to configure each view and match it perfectly. Apologies for not being more specific, but I am sure there are people out there with the answers you need.

Hope this helps

1st of all thanx for the quick response Paul.

But I was wondering if it could be fixed within FS9, because I'm trying to replicate this setup. So the 3 views in the picture are just the left side of the total 5.

Trying to fit the 5 images into 3 projectors with TH2G (that will be bought in the future) but for now I want to check on small issues like this instead of becoming crazy after buying the whole setup.

Hi,

The setup you are trying to reproduce is actually based on 3 projectors with a TH2GO so I don't think you will able to get that configuration lined up properly on just a single monitor.

Have you also made the necessary changes to your panel.cfg in the views section? Also this takes a serious amount of trial an error before you get it right.
    Unfortunately there is no magic standard configuration for this type of setup; it all depends on the specifics of your configuration.

To get you started, just have a look at the following site:

http://www.hanskrohn.com/start.htm

and go to building tips where you will a very good descriptio by Hans what you need to do to get started.

Also you might want to spent some time browsing the Outside Visualization pages on this forum where you will find loads of good stuff to help you further along.

Hope this helps.

25+ Posting Member

t1dUs,
    First, you must create and save a flight with your 5 windowed views. Then, using Notepad or Wordpad, edit the .flt file (in FS9, it's in your "My Documents" folder), looking under each [Window.x] section for the line titled, "ScreenUniCoords=xx,xx,xx,xx".

These lines have the screen coordinates for the x,y positions and height/width sizes of each of your windows. Play around with values in the .flt file, ensuring that the first two values on each line are similar values; for example, you want all the windows to be at the top of the screen, so set the y coordinates to be at "0". The origin is the upper left of the screen, I believe.

In your attached picture, from what I can see, you'll have 4 [Window.x] sections. What their values are depends on which windows you created first, etc...

Also find the CockpitZoom= value and set each window to the same value. Also notice the ViewMode= value; this tells you which 'view' this window is showing- like Front, Left, etc...

Steve