Thread: level d

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

level d

Well folks I have a very iritating problem , level d does work right when you go to level d menu in the sim to adjust settings.
    It will freeze up and hang up causing me to abort the game.
    I'm not for sure how this came about.

It only happens when I go to the level d menu and then it will break down. This has happened before and for some reason it corrected itself. After many hours trying to fix this I decided to reformat my hard drive and start all over again with a clean system.

It worked this. Time without th2go installed the only problem is that I have been using it before. From what I have been reading from other post is that level d is very finiky on resoliution drivers. As I said before it was working great before and now nothing but headaches.I have done everything from older drivers to a vanilla load , to even reformatting again. Nothing seems to work, iwill say this that when I loaded th2go the worked as long as I kept it in one screen, when I streched it to two screens it became unstable and three it would cause me to del,alt'ctrl the game. This is only with the level d and no other defauts or add ons. And I have loaded the default cessna and did the pre lvd config.
    I have read other posts in other forums with this simular problem and they scrach there head also, it is only with the level d. Oh and one thing it only happens when I go to the level d pull down to adjust settings other than that it will work fine, but as soon as i pull down it goes crazy.
    Thank....Robert
    Posted via Mobile Device

I had the same problem. Never found a solution and just lived with it. I found if i went into the Level D menu from a different plane it was fine.... so if I had to make a change did it with the cesna, then switched back to the 767. Eventually I moved over to FSX and that problem has disappeared now.

Regards,
    Henry
    Level D 767
    FSX

level d

thanks for the reply, and i tried that but the problem is that the pull down is not there , and is only there when the level d plane is up and running.

what im thinking of doing again is dumping the whole operating system and start from scratch.

what i like to know is how can i make sure that when i do a reformatt , what i need to do to make sure that there is nothing left of anything on my hard drive.

I have been reading on other post to run software to make sure you have a clean reformat .

thanks....Robert

There's an option in the Level D configurator where you can choose to have the Level D menu show up all the time or only when the 767 is selected. Check that first before you go to the trouble of a clean install. It's a bit of a nuisance switching planes but it's not like you need to go into the menu all the time.

Regards,
    Henry
    Level D 767
    FSX

In this case he should probably look in the leveld configuration files because if he can't see the leveld menu ihe can't activate the option you said in that wait.

If it is the case, then the only way is to browse the configuration files in the leveld folders (extension is usualle CFG).

I agree that the leveld menu is used very seldom once you have setup the options as you like.

Mr Midnight ..

Don't go formatting your hard drive. This is an irritating problem and yes the only part its linked to is the display drivers. Infact don't even uninstall level D. Just remove all versions of microsoft framework don't worry other programs that rely on it will work once you reinstall it again. reboot the comp. remove your video drivers well first remove any TH2G or Maxivista drivers. Reboot then remove your video drivers reboot then use driver sweeper and through its selection remove all residues of your previous video driver.. reboot. then go into your device manager and remove hardware display card from there and reboot again. Ofcourse when it fires up it will detect your display hardware and prompt you to instal the drivers. Use the ones that have worked in the past. reboot.. load the sim and check everything is working ok.. It is best if you delete the level D config file from the lvld folder within the FS9 folder. run the config manager and load the sim.. check everything working asi t should..

Reboot then load your TH2g drivers if any then only the required microsoft framework.. Imho stay away from framework 3.5.. this has caused strange issues well atleast in my case anyway.. Hope this helps..

thanks for the reply and the suggestions , im not for sure i have the frame work on my system, i tried to find it but i could not.

it was not in the add and remove programs , so im not for sure where to go from here.

Thanks...................Robert