75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

hello from boston//with questions

hello everyone new to the forums but been simming since fs98..i recently decided to start a cockpit project and i looking for some good references for some ideas...ive already gotten the project under way by ordering some items from desktop aviator.( pulse generator,usb to 20 button interface and rotary encoder) im gonna start off with the radio stack then make my way to the mcp so if any one could point me in the right direction that would be great...ultimatly i would like to incorporate actually digital display but at this time desktop aviator does not sell any boards to support that so that is yet another question i have.. and that is how would i go about doing that sorry for the long intro i look forward to hearing from all of you. thanks so much

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Dj.

there are many different interfaces you can use to make the 7-segment displays work. The big thing for you to decide though, is what software are you going to use in your build. For instance, if you decide to run project magenta, some boards will work for you. If you decide to run another aircraft, u might need a different interface. You really need to chose the aircraft type, and software that your going to run before you get too far.

Welcome to MyCockpit.

Best regards,

Trev

75+ Posting Member

trevor as im still fairly new to this what would you suggest i start with as far as software i will be using desktop aviator products for now and want to make sure every thing is compatable...im gonna start with a cessna base as i think it is a little more basic than a big bird but ultimatly i would like to base my pit on a 737 or airbus. also do you have a link for the project magenta info.