Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
    the only thing is that from experience I know that the TH2GO box can get confused if it sees only 2 (instead of 3) 'regular' monitors on it's output ports.
    The Matrox web site specification page specifically says that the TH2GO can be used with only two monitors, and lists achievable resolutions in that configuration. I haven't tried it so I don't know what hoops you have to jump through to get it to work!

--
    Bryn

25+ Posting Member

You must be getting fed up trying to help me Martin many thanks for you ideas ,keep 'em coming.

Thanks for replying Bryn,yes thats what I read also.

I've spent all day trying different things to get it to work.The splitter works fine when plugged straight into the video card .I got three monitors working at one stage today using the splitter & 2x monitors and 1 x other monitor using a total of 2x th2go digital outputs(no1 & no 3) but the colour was very distorted and there were loads of 'noise' lines.

regards JIm

Jim,

Don't worry, I'm not getting fed up at all. I've been in IT support with various employers over the last 30 years and had to deal with much more difficult issues then your stuburn TH2GO box.

Now, if you get the situation you described in your last post where you do get some picture but disturbed, what does the GXM utility say in terms what devices it sees at it's various ports?
    If the color is not right and there is noise and disturbance then I would suspect one or more monitor are not detected correctly. Again, the GXM utility will show you what it thinks it's connected to. This, in case it's wrong might give us a clue.

Cheers,

Martin

25+ Posting Member

Hi Martin in answer to your question,when trying the splitter the gxm software recognises the monitor ok ,it just doesn't want to produce an image.

Been testing all day again.....when the splitter is connected to the TH2GO there is no picture on that monitor. If I connect the same monitor with the normal lead (approx 2 metre) into the TH2GO ,then on the other end instead of connecting to the monitor connect the plug into one of the 2x splitter female sockets and in turn then connect the one male splitter plug into the monitor ,then I get a picture of sorts but its distorted and after a couple of minutes goes blank.I emailed Gwyn at aerosimsolutions who has a similar setup but using 2!! x splitters and he has no such problem .

Is it possible that my rather dated 7950gt 512 card is only interested in producing 3x splitterless images and I'm asking too much of it,I'd buy a much better card if I knew it would fix the problem.I may have to get a second video card for the 4th image although space is a real problem,as the spare video card socket has my projector attached.I've already tried the splitter on the spare (projector)video card socket,but no-go IF the TH2GO is also being used at the same time on the other video card output.

regards Jim
    Last edited by jnr641802; 03-17-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi Jim,

So this is becoming a really nasty one.

I've checked the compatibility wizard at Matrox.com and the outcome is that your card in combination with the TH2GO should be able to produce the views that you are after. You can check this following this link:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/su...atibility/gxm/

Now, in order that make sure we're not chasing ghosts here, have you updated all your drivers, nVidia, TH2GO, to the latest versions? If not, then that should be the first thing to do (if it doesn't solve the issue at least you will probably gain a few fps).
    Also, and I know you may not be going to like this, but I had to re-install the TH2GO software a number of times in order to get my setup to work properly.
    If you decide to do this then please make sure everything is really deleted from your system and your Registry is properly cleaned (there is plenty of freeware available on the net).

If all of the above doesn't help, any chance of having a 'more recent' videocard on loan from somebody before you buy another one?
    As sort of a last resort, you may also try and contact Matrox support; I have no experience with them so I don't know how good they are.

I am very curios to see how this move on and don't hesitate if you want to continue pick my brain (for what it's worth).

Good luck!!!

Cheers,

Martin

6. Thanks jnr641802 thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Thanks again Martin for all your suggestions ,I shall try everything you've suggested and if I get anywhere I'll let you know,may be useful for others doing this.

thanks again

regards Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12