Thread: A330 Throttle

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A330 Throttle

Hi,

this is my first message here in this forum and I want to start first with some pictures of our (me and a friend of mine are working on an A330) homecockpit: http://picasaweb.google.com/kikigey89/ProjectA330#
    The project started around january 2009. The remarks are currently in German, but I will change them to English.

But now my question: We are looking for some drawings of an A330 or A340 throttle. Does anyone know, where we can get them?

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Welcome aboard. Looking at your pics, looks very familiar and brings back memories.

http://www.A340Project.us

Matt Olieman

300+ Forum Addict

Hi,

Looks like you are off to a great start! I have not looked around for A330 throttle pics, but if they are similar to the A320s then there are some great photos in the photo gallery here on this site. In addition to the the pics here, I found pics on these sites helpful. I searched Google Images for phrases like "a320 throttle" and came up with some great photos too. I did end up making my own throttle assembly, it will be a work in progress while I work on the rest of the sim. You are welcome to any of my drawings/hotos/cad files if you think they will be helpful. I found that looking at Westozy's photos and some pics of the FDS throttle being assembled gave me a pretty good idea of what to do to make a suitable throttle system. Certainly nothing compared to those 2 fine products, but within my capabilities and budget scope.

http://www.bkensett.karoo.net/

http://212.227.203.16/fb/showthread.php?t=12305&page=6

http://www.kennair.com.au/throttles.html

BuddyM
    Tampa,FL

4. Thanks Westozy thanked for this post

A330 and the A340 throttle do not work or look like the A320 style TQ. Although the detents are the same.

Matt Olieman

Well if anyones interested i still have a fully operational w/pots attached and wired 1:1 scale A340 TQ thrust Levers for sale Very High quality heavy duty construction. Independent thrust lever operation for each engine.Willing to sell at great price, let me know, easily modified to use parts for 330.

Tim

75+ Posting Member

Surely we are interested but currently we have not so much money (3 new TFT displays, big order at OpenCockpits, and so on)
    But if you can tell me your price offer and it fits to our current budget, we will discuss it tomorrow, when we continue building.

75+ Posting Member

Hey Kikigey,

Very nice setup and cockpit build. Everything seems to be in place where it should be and the joints are seemless....very good craftsmanship.....

Where did you get the plans or dimensions to make your cockpit? Would you be able to post it in this forum for those that might want to build an Airbus?

I have built a B737NG and am also interested to build later another one but the airbus instead....would you mind sharing you build plans for the A330/340 cockpit that you built?

Regards,

Chris

Chris Danker
    Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

75+ Posting Member

Sure!
    We already planned to publish them here, but before, I have to update and check them so that there is no mistake in them.

First homepage for dimensioning was http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/a...ject/main.html. By a fluke, I found pictures on the internet, where someone is measuring an A320 cockpit. From this we got the missing dimensions. We compared them and found out, that they are almost similar. This was a great help for us, because the only difference of dimensions between an A320 and A330 cockpit is the length of the pedestal... which we did not recognized... So the rear part of our pedestal is around 10 centimeters too short, but we will fix it, if we get the missing value.

Another small difference is the shape of the main panel. The left and right section (loudspeaker panel, etc.) are a little bit different, we had to interpolate the dimensions.

I will upload our drawings in the next few days!

25+ Posting Member PascalHaldenstein's Avatar

Thumbs up

Wow looks really nice... good start indeed

cheers
    Pascal Haldenstein
    B738 Builder
    My Site:www.pascalhaldenstein.webs.com

Cool Please do not post inaccurate drawings :)

You're efforts a very much appreciated, but, there is a vast difference between the A320 or A319 and the A330 and A340. The individual components are the same but the overhead is much wider and longer. Where as the breakers are not on the A320 Overhead, they ARE on the A330 and A340. Much more differences.

I hate to see a builder get frustrated only to find out they've got it all wrong.

Here's Phil744 with my A340 overhead (not completed yet) at FSWeekend. you can see the difference between the A320 and A340. The layout is similar though.

When I started my project, I depended on drawings others made and even started to build my base structure only to find out (three times) it was wrong. Unless you're taking measurments from a real cockpit, please do not post drawings that are not accurate.

Thanks again, and I wish you all the luck on your project.

Matt Olieman

Quote Originally Posted by kikigey89 View Post
    Sure!
    We already planned to publish them here, but before, I have to update and check them so that there is no mistake in them.

First homepage for dimensioning was http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/a...ject/main.html. By a fluke, I found pictures on the internet, where someone is measuring an A320 cockpit. From this we got the missing dimensions. We compared them and found out, that they are almost similar. This was a great help for us, because the only difference of dimensions between an A320 and A330 cockpit is the length of the pedestal... which we did not recognized... So the rear part of our pedestal is around 10 centimeters too short, but we will fix it, if we get the missing value.

Another small difference is the shape of the main panel. The left and right section (loudspeaker panel, etc.) are a little bit different, we had to interpolate the dimensions.

I will upload our drawings in the next few days!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast