Thread: Wittgenstein

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Wittgenstein

It's no surprise that there are no sapient posts in this forum.

Despite the fact that the Mac has, for several years now, been able to run ALL Windows software, it remains a fact that MSFS simply does not run well on a Mac. OK, it runs, but not well.

Why? Because Windows has quirks, dishonesties, workarounds, little fiddles, which the Apple developers simply will have nothing to do with. It's about honesty, integerity and open-ness.

So MSFS works in various "real" Windows environments, but not on a platform designed using the structures provided by Gates and his mob. Because they don't document the dishonest workarounds that they use.

So what does this have to do with Wittenstein? Simply this: his seventh postulate from his Tractatus: "Whereof one cannot speak, thereon one must be silent" - which explains the silence in this forum.

Sad? I don't think so. MSFS is now legagy software, and despite the millions of hours invested in it by the user population, it has been abandoned by Gates and his mob, so it will be overtaken eventually.

As will Microsoft.

75+ Posting Member

re: Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by P1IC View Post
    Sad? I don't think so. MSFS is now legagy software, and despite the millions of hours invested in it by the user population, it has been abandoned by Gates and his mob, so it will be overtaken eventually.

As will Microsoft.
    Goodie. Now, you should be full of joy, right? I guess the only sapient response I can give to you it to not mistake vitamin pills for something else
    Thanks,

Boaz
    KSEA
    Lose money - ask me how.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghLever View Post
    Goodie. Now, you should be full of joy, right? I guess the only sapient response I can give to you it to not mistake vitamin pills for something else
    Yep. Vitamins. That'll do it.

I'm actually surprised that anyone reads this forum (well, no one did until right now, because there was nothing to read here. Maybe there is still nothing to read here…).

But actually I'm not full of joy. I have really just discovered MSFS and I think that, with FSUIPC and all that stuff, it is just fantastic. Just at the point where Gates drops it.

And I'm currently beavering away on building a 767 cockpit using my own design of interface between my hardware and Pete's software, having selected and assembled PC components specific to FS9 performance enhancement, and of course in the process discovering the real world of Windows.

And all of this IS legacy now. And so I'm sitting here wondering, have I totally wasted my time and money and effort?

No. not full of joy at all.

75+ Posting Member

Yep. Vitamins. That'll do it.
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend

I'm actually surprised that anyone reads this forum (well, no one did until right now, because there was nothing to read here. Maybe there is still nothing to read here…).
    I am surprised you feel this way. Granted, there may not have been many posts about Microsoft's decision to "drop" FS, but isn't that just people trying to cope and get on with an otherwise beautiful hobby? But other than that, try to keep an eye on the new posts that land here each and every day.

Despite what seems to be widely accepted for fact, I honestly don't believe that Microsoft has canned FS for good. Think about it: This is the longest running franchise in computer gaming history, and one that produces a lot of money, and a whole ecosystem for add-on developers. I am myself a software developer, and have managed business in the software industry before. I know of the value there is in at times starting from scratch -- with that said also understanding what it costs to wipe the slate clean.

I think we will see something from Microsoft in a while from now. Again,this is purely speculation on my part. I am not trying to start a flame-war (or, Apple vs. Microsoft -- I don't really see the comparison), nor am I trying to say that I know the truth nor that I can predict it with any accuracy. If I could, I would not be building a home cockpit, but taking my A320 out for a spin
    Thanks,

Boaz
    KSEA
    Lose money - ask me how.

75+ Posting Member

Sorry, didn't mean to offend
    No offense taken! Really.

But my comments about "this forum" were about THIS forum, ie. the MacOS forum, in which there were no posts until mine. As far as I could tell.

I'm really pretty well up on the various discussions in MyCockpit.org and I think this place really is great. But not the Mac forum, which is a non-event for the reasons I stated in my original post! So there are NO "new posts which land here each and every day"!

75+ Posting Member

..."this forum" were about THIS forum, ie. the MacOS forum, in which there were no posts until mine. As far as I could tell.
    I so stand corrected I hadn't even noticed that we are in the MacOS forum... Man, this is evidence that too much work and too little sleep is bad. I rest my case, Your Honor.

Sorry, man. I bow in your presence
    Thanks,

Boaz
    KSEA
    Lose money - ask me how.

7. Thanks P1IC thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

I so stand corrected I hadn't even noticed that we are in the MacOS forum... Man, this is evidence that too much work and too little sleep is bad. I rest my case, Your Honor.

Sorry, man. I bow in your presence
    I've come over all regal now!

Forum Moderator

Can i just say, that i have an Intel Mac Pro Laptop and i have it partitioned between Mac Leopard and Windows XP using BootCamp. And FS9 runs like a dream, alot of the time better than it does on my pc!
    Building An Airbus In My Garage!

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by alexpilot2008 View Post
    Can i just say, that i have an Intel Mac Pro Laptop and i have it partitioned between Mac Leopard and Windows XP using BootCamp. And FS9 runs like a dream, alot of the time better than it does on my pc!
    That's excellent! I had read it was a bit of a dog. Maybe it was FSX.