10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Microsoft FSX Where do I go next

Hello all,

I have started building my cockpit and now have a three monitor setup. Two 17" monitors on one graphics card and a third monitor connected via FSUIPC. I would like to achieve the following, using FSX. I want the two main monitors to show the front view and the third to have just my main panel. Is there anyone out there that knows what I need to do to achieve this. I have read all the documentation and am still not too sure what I need to do to achieve all this. I have an epic usb card that will eventually be used to program all my buttons and switches and I believe that the best way to achieve this will be via the FSUIPC program. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy building

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

I assume when you say "third monitor connected via FSUIPC" you mean that it is a monitor on a networked computer using WideFS. You can have your main FSX computer with the dual monitors run the front view and have the panels on your networked computer's monitor (you will need software to do this - there is freeware available).

This is a common question. Do a search and you should be able to see all the options available to you.
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

3. Thanks PaulCooper thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Microsoft FSX

Blimey, Very quick response. Thank you

I am aware that I could have the dual monitors as the front view and the third as the panels... it is how I achieve this that is the conundrum. I am more than willing to search for the answers, but I am unsure as to what I should be searching for.

You mentioned I would need some software to achieve what I want. Any pointers as to what software will achieve this.

Many, many thanks for your quick reply.. maybe this one will be as quick and will set me on my merry way again.

search multi monitor/s. Plenty of topics. Everyone has different ideas so you can choose the best option that suits you.

Gary

10+ Posting Member

2 monitors for you

What you are asking is actually quite easy to do.
    I don’t understand why people can’t just answer your question for you instead of all the garbage posted above. There is a device called DualHead2Go. Search eBay and you will see find it easy enough.

DualHead2Go appears to your computer as a very wide monitor. It simply split’s the extra wide image and places them on 2 monitors for you.

When you bank the aircraft the image rotates around the center of the image spread over both monitors.
    Not independently.

Hope this helps

nice reply Ron.

I guess this one can go with the other 100+ posts already on the subject.

300+ Forum Addict autocadplease's Avatar

Paul,

You actually don't need dualhead2go if your video card supports spanning the view across two monitors - most do.

The software you are asking about would be software such as Project Magenta (high end product), FSXpand, and some of freeware (flightdecksoft.com). I believe the sites are in the link section.
    Grant D.
    Nelson,B.C. Canada
    Win7 32bit, FSX, PM Boeing, TH2GO, GEX, VoxATC

10+ Posting Member

Excellent stuff to all you chaps and please dont get sarky... I am new to this as I am sure hundreds of others are. There is (I know) a wealth of information and expertise out there and it should be utilised. Many many thanks to all who answered. Just please bear in mind, that as newbies come onboard (guilty as charged!) the same questions will be asked time and time again.

As I said, thank you to all for your replies and I have searched and got some really good pointers. Keep watching this space, as I am sure that the more I discover, the more questions will be fired out!

Happy flying to all