Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unnecessary posting

Hi! I'll try to put this as respectfully as possible and trying not to sound like a whiner. I'm sure some will disagree with me and that's ok.

First I must say that this forum has been and is a goldmine for me as I'm certain it is for many others.

But let's take Jonathan Richardsson's lates topic "New Builds" as an example.

Jonathan start a topic where he announce new builds. After that there is seven or eight posts only saying thank you fore the new builds.

I really think we shoul give the poster our respect by saying thank you but it would be enough if one post says that then we have the "Thank You" button to use.

It's really a bit dissapointing, when you're interested in the subject, to get notices from a subscribed topic or follow the front side links showing that there's new postings in a thread just to find out that it's seven people in row saying thank you when all of them also used the Thank You button.

Sorry if I sound like a whiner here but from now on I'll only use the Thank You button in this situations.

Ok now everybody go have a nice weekend.
    Regards Anders Eriksson

www.simcockpit.se

FS9

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

You're right, that's why we have the "Thank You" button. And... I'm one of those culprits that can't just use the button, I have to use both. OOPS!!!!

Matt Olieman

Heli Builder

Quote Originally Posted by sas550 View Post
    It's really a bit dissapointing, when you're interested in the subject, to get notices from a subscribed topic or follow the front side links showing that there's new postings in a thread just to find out that it's ....
    The same can apply to hijacking of a thread. One then sits with these notifications which is not related to the topic you are following. One should rather start a new thread or search one with the same topic.
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

Super Moderator

Smile

....On the other side of the coin we should be careful what we wish for. I think the participation rate here is incredible so whats a few more posts going to hurt?

500+ This must be a daytime job

Can`t wait to see the photographs

Personally I just think who cares a thank you a post an additional topic added, it all ends up same way getting info to the builders, building forum and hobby popularity. Dont sweat the small stuff. If you want to talk about unecessary posts besides the 100s I have written over the years lol USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! Instead of posting the same question over and over SEARCH it first then if its not available then ask the question in post. JMO

Tim

7. Thanks fweinrebe, Gsey thanked for this post
    "If you want to talk about unecessary posts besides the 100s I have written over the years lol USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! Instead of posting the same question over and over SEARCH it first then if its not available then ask the question in post. JMO"

Amen to that

Gary

9. Thanks fweinrebe thanked for this post