150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Smile Ref Radio panels CNC

Hi Guys sorry if i have asked a question thats already been asked ..Am in the final stages of building my DIY CNC router and the intention has always been to make bits for my 3 DOF motion platform flight simulator based around FSX... a lot of time and money so far and lots of remaking but little in terms of Flying 1st generation Platform and shell Built but Actuatois being revised so that phase has stalled a bit, as said earlier have built a CNC router and would like to start to make my own panels for a GA style cockpit, initially the Radio Panels ,auto pilot etc . had alook at the excellent work Kenair has done and finally decided the generic build will be based on a Pylatus'ish type cockpit MIP, i say generic becuase i'd like something that fits various aircraft without being mega specific... so heres the question does anyone out there know where i can download panel drawings for GA aircraft so that i can import them into my CAM package and generate the G code to Cut out the Panel profiles, eventually i would like to take it one step further and isolation route the PCB's as well ( but realise thats another level ) my Electronics so far consist of Opencockpit cards , Hagstrom KE72 and looking at leobondars BU0836X ( Might have got that wrong ) , not a complete novice at electronincs or mechanical design/ assembly but just wanted something to kick off the next phase of my build.. Would show Pictures of the monster so far but can hear the laughing already so will post when i tidy bits up
    Last edited by wannabeaflyer; 03-07-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typo's

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Many manufacturers of radio and instrument equipment will have a .pdf file with technical specifications, dimensions, and panel cutout openings on their web site.

You might try that.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!