Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Sydney, Australia

Hello to all,

Just wanted to say a quick hello and thanks for having such an excellent resource available to the home cockpit community. I been playing with flight simulator since version 4, when i saw it running on a friends 386. I then went and bought it plus all the add ons and was hooked. I truly love flying and also hold a PPL. Ive been building a 737 simulator over the past few months. I must say progress is slow and the girl friend is never impressed when i spend time working on it.

Anyway enough about me..

Godspeed

Diego

75+ Posting Member

Welcome Diego.

Nice to see another fellow Aussie here.
    Whereabouts in Sydney are you? I'm out in the Hills district.
    Building a half size 737Ng here. You will find plenty of helpful friendly people here.

cheers

Paul

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Welcome to the site. We're here to help if we can.

Most women aren't impressed with aircraft. Must be a guy thing. I don't understand it, but that's the way it is.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

75+ Posting Member

Hey guys, Thanks for the welcome.

Paul, im located inner west/stgeorge area. Close to the airport but not to close

Diego

10+ Posting Member

Re: Hello from Sydney, Australia

Paul I too am from Sydney and I have some rather large issues with screen configs

I would be grateful if you are able to pass on any contacts. My issues are around a 4 LED screen for the sky, my pc recognises it but FSX is in trouble.

Thanks
    Muz in Sydney

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Muz,

I havd found your post. I am sure I read of someone prepared to pay a fair days pay to help this person out, was it you? I am not saying I want to do that, just want to see if it is your post that I read. I am using Wideview and each Computer runs it's own version of FSX and each computer is displaying the scenery on one monitor attached. I do not use multiple monitors as this puts quite a burden on my PC's. It does however work very well the way I use it. What is your setup like in the way of computers/monitors and how are they connected. Do your computers struggle with the extra load of more than one monitor. Are you having trouble with the view itself. A little more information will help.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

10+ Posting Member

Yes thats me Bernie. Thanks so much for reply.

Im doing this build as a business for light entertainment with a mobile 737 NGx sim. The cockpit build is going great, many of the game ports are mounted but not configured, but pulling it all together has been a huge learning curb for me, and now im stuck. Im only a small business but yes, im willing to outsource this to make it work nicely, and mate if what you say works, im happy to drop a consult fee in your account, becuase Im now lost.

Setup
    1 X i7 3.2 Ghz gaming PC with a high end Raedeon card for 2 X HDMI outs
    + another cheaper card (but the computer store person said it was actually better as it was latest technology) 1 HDMI + 1 VGA
    For the sky (not running vitual as I have the cockpit)
    Im running 4 X 32 inch LED TV / monitors - Windows 7 64Bit, via 2 dual head2go not an problem. Looks fine (So esentailly FSX sees the 4 screens as 2 large ones)
    BUT FSX - only recognises 3 of the 4 screens, even though I can drag and drop the wide view, I cant get it full stretch. It also looks a little clunky over the 3 screens. Its also really hard to save the customised visuals, then FSX restarts, and i dont see anything, OR it freezes.
    MIP screens
    Then Im running another dualHead2go for the EICAS and GPS from a VGA port (kind of works, but i havent really set that part up)
    Im thinking of using Flyware to set up the MIP screens.

I thought of this today, but unsure if it will work.
    If I got the 2 centre screens and did the matrox Dualhead2Go (so its one screen) then piggy back it into a tripleHead2go so I get the pilot Left/center view, and the first officer right/center view.. could that work?

Was hoping to run 1 pc, but its looking like a disaster. IF i go for a 2nd PC, does it need to have me buy lots of the scenery again?

Are you in Sydney? make sense to show you.
    Thanks again
    Muz 0414555617

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Muz,

Unfortunately I am in South Australia. If you use another computer and use Wideview as was suggested, you would be able to open 2 windows on each computer. This would give you the four screens. http://www.wideview.it/ There is also a Forum that you can subscribe to for other help. Also there is a software version of th2go http://www.kegetys.fi/SoftTH/ a few small bugs with FSX.

I really think the second computer is going to be needed. You will need to run FSX on both computers with Wideview but most scenery you get is ok on more than 1 computer. I use ORBX and have asked John the CEO if I require more than one copy and his answer was no. I am not sure for commercial use though.
    Power failure here at the moment so I won't be able to keep the Laptop running much longer.
    Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

10+ Posting Member

Brilliant Bernie - On your advice i will purchase another PC, how close do I need to get to my specs, as that was an expensive PC.
    really appreciate the simplicity of what i need to do.

muz

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Muz,

I have 5 x identical compters so I can't really offer any advice except to say that if FSX works well on the computer you already own, then the second computer will only work as well as the specs of the second computer. Don't forget you are expecting the second computer to look and work as well as you first computer.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast