B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

2. Thanks PDT 200 thanked for this post
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

That's only 20 miles up the road from me. Getting it into the second story of my building would be harder than picking it up.
    Regards,
    Brian

Thanks JackPilot for pointing this out even if I didn't win it.
    Last edited by PDT 200; 02-18-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Add thanks
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

If I had a house, it would be sold.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Well somebody bought it for $350.00. I went to look at it and then decided to try for it. Didn't win though. The crash history was interesting though. Pilot claims that the mechanic told her to lean the mixture and not use full rich for take off and the engine quit about 300' agl. Elected to land straight ahead and not circle around on the remaining engine and ran off the runway and collapsed the front nose gear. Damage to the front nose gear and frame made repair way too costly and the plane was sold for scrap. This happened in 1998 in CA.
    Well I guess that I have to continue using my old sim and not have a project to redo it with . Although at 24' long it was longer than my building. I would have had to cut the aft end off at the frame behind the last window, and cut a big hole in the second story wall of my building to get it into the sim room. (not gonna get THAT up the stairs)
    Here are a few pics that I took when I looked at it the other day.
    Regards,
    Brian

Nose:

Starbord side:

Port Side:

Inside looking aft:
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

6. Thanks Geremy Britton, warvet thanked for this post
    Great pics Brian, but didnt you take any of the actual cockpit area itself?

Tim

There wasn't really anything to take a picture of. No seats, the yokes weren't the right one's, shafts too big, no panel just the mag switches and some light switches on the left side. Most of the floor was torn up. The rudder pedals were still there as was the throttle console with all the levers. Most of the cables were still there attached to rudders and the control arm behind the panel that the yokes connect to. I suspect that a scrap dealer probably bought it for the value of the metal in it. There is about 400 lbs of it. There might have been a few parts that might be of value (fuel selectors, belcranks, some electronic stuff that was mounted under the front right seat) but I think that most of the important stuff had been removed prior to being sold by the scrap Co. in LA. It was crashed in CA. and sold to a scrap dealer in LA. (not Los Angeles). Wings, engines, electronics, and stuff were all removed a long time ago. It did have the rudder and elevator on it when this guy bought it but he removed them and I think sold them last year is what he said. Oh well got priced out of my league. Transport cost would have been around $200.00 to get it moved to my house, plus the cost of hoisting up to the sim room. More than I wanted to spend.
    Regards,
    Brian