Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

One and the Same right.....

Our local bookstore carries periodicals from around the planet. I occasionally buy PC Pilot, and Computer Pilot, and have even seen Westozy's article.I think it was on backlighting.

I was under the impression the two magazines were from the same entity. There were a lot of the same advertisements, and a few article repeats. Would someone correct me if I am wrong?

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

As far as i know, PC Pilot and CP are in no way associated. But i can't be sure.

And it's funny a PC Pilot writer has joined us as it was only yesterday i was in the newsagents purchaing this very magazine for for the up and coming March/April issue. Brilliant stuff as usual. They are £5 a pop, which is why i don't buy all the issues. I make sure i have a flick through in the newsagents to make sure there is some flight sim stuf inside. If so, i treat myself.

The magazine is funnilly enough on the desk right next to me

If anyone hasn't read the mag yet, i would recommend it. CD contains videos, patches, and other freeware. Whilst the mag provides the latest add on rating as well as new releases in the simworld. There is also the latest sim hardware in this case the was the avionics stack from VRinsight, which was a good read.

But anyway, definately worth a buy now and again. They offer subscriptions too i do beleive.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

I thought I got an e-mail form PC Aviator that they bought PC Pilot. I could be wrong, wish I didn't delete it....

Matt Olieman

MyCockpit Support Staff

Cheers chaps!

I'd rather write articles here for free than sell them to the cowboys at CP mag!!!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

150+ Forum Groupie

Lets clear up the speculation

Firstly may I say what a welcome!

Thank you all for your good wishes and I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't introduce myself sooner.

Now regarding PC Pilot:
    The magazine is completed owned by Key Publishing, who also owns and publishes; Air International, Airliner World, Airforces Monthly, Airports International, Flypast, Todays Pilot and half a dozen other associated magazines. They have no ties whatsoever with Computer Pilot; which is published by PC Aviator, who also publish software.

For my own part I am a freelance writer who works for other magazines as well. However I have no say in what gets published by PC Pilot, although the editor is always open to ideas. So in the forum I do NOT represent the magazine in any way, anything written here is my own personal opinion.

To answer Maurice and Michaels comments about a dedicated cockpit builders magazine, there simply isn't enough interest to warrant such publication. While this forum undoubtedly shows there are many builders out there, the numbers are not sufficient (YET) to support a monthly magazine.
    Which is why PC Pilot commissioned the 737 series I have been writing for the last year. We try to provide content for all areas of flight simulation; but the figures indicate that the vast majority of simmers sit in front of a conventional monitor, clutching a conventional joystick.
    These figures are from an independent survey carried out for PC Pilot last year.

But rest assured I will be plugging away to represent the cockpit builders in the magazine.
    Incidentally Trevor I have already listed MyCockpit as a valuable resource in each of the 737 articles.

Best regards to you all.

Joe.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

So Mike,
    When should we expect the first issue of SimBuilder E-Zine?
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Are you serious? I can't hardly get a BOM interview going for March.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!