TELEPHONICS
    Dual attendant handset
    DIV OF ISC
    HUNTINGTON, N.Y
    MFR P/N 409D1600
    SER NO. 905
    LAC P/N 672767-107
    FAA-PMA

And as you say, i may end up taking out the compnents and adding another phone inside or something. I'll think of something.

Though you'll have to explain the ARgos hifi thing.

I understand hooking the "Call" button up to FS via FSUIPC etc and that's a good idea. But don't understand the Hifo think for sounds. Sounds good though!

Thanks again for your details prompt reply on this.

Appreciated.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

To get cockpit sound, I have a cheap hifi separate amp from Argos
    for about £60 I think, and a cheap pair of speakers I picked up from one of the electrical superstores on offer - Can't remember how much, but it was less than £100.

The amp is an Acoustic solutions SP101 - It's not what I would call 'hi-fi' - But it is fine for the job - I play music through it from my PC as well, and it is quite listenable.

If you use a home-theatre type system with multi speakers, you can get a better rumble from the bass I think - Acoustic Solutions do a cheap one of those too - Have a look at Ians site, he talks about it there.

I have the amp connected to my PC sound card line out (3.5mm stereo jack to twin phonos) so that when you run FS you get all the cockpit sounds - Switch clicks, alerts, engine noise and so on - So when you hit the Attendant Call on the PMDG Fwd Ovhd, you will get the two tone chime.

Depending on your sound card, it should be possible to plug your interphone mic input into the card and set the mixer up to send your mic audio out on the line out - Mine does, and it's nothing special - Just the onboard sound from the motherboard.

If you wanted to liven up the earpiece on your handset you could simply tap off one of the speaker outputs via a resistor - About 4k7 depending on how loud you find you run your amp and assuming e/p impedance ~ 300 Ohm - That would give you background noise, and also sidetone (you hear your own speech at low level in the e/p when you talk into mic (like a telephone) - Sounds weird if it's just dead e/p).

Are there any identifying marks on the earpiece or mic themselves ?

Rob

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Blurry but the pix look like an old style 60HZ system.
    Easiest way to hook it up would be to bypass the internals and just link the mic to a shielded cable going to a mini-PA amp. You can pick them up very cheaply in many places. A mini-guitar practice amp would be a good choice. They run about $30 in music stores.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12