150+ Forum Groupie
Leo Bodnar I/O board question
Hello. Maybe this is too basic a question, I have searched the forums but could not find a solution. Just recieved my leo bodnar IO board and I am trying to hook some on/off rocker switches to it. There is no tutorial or PDF guide that comes with this hardware.
Is there anyone that can give me a step by step on how to set the switch up to operate inside MSFS for an ON/OFF operation?
I have FSUIPC and have connected the board to the computer. The switch in question has an ON/OFF selection so I have run two wires from the switch to the board.....(not sure if I have connected the gnd correctly though).
If someone could run me through using a switch to operate...say.. the beacon switch of MSFS C172...this will give me enough education to get more technical with my setup.
Thanks in advance...
Have that set up right in front of me so here goes
1. One wire from one connector on switch to B1 terminal one board, a second wire from second connector on switch to the corresponding ground terminal. Note you can use any of the B1 to B31 pairs, but I assumed since this is your first switch you would use B1.
2. Open FS and then FSUIPC at the Modules menu entry. Click on the Buttons+Switches tab in FSUIPC.
3. Click on the rocker switch and you should see the Joystick#, Button # boxes get numbers entered. In my case Joystick #2, Button #0.
4. Put a check mark in the "Select for FS Control" box to the right of the Button # box.
5. Open drop down menu by clicking on upside down triangle beside "Control sent when button pressed". Scroll down to the FS action you want in this case Toggle Beacon Lights. A short cut would be to enter the letter T to take you to the first entries starting with that letter and then scroll to the one you want.
6. Repeat step 5 for the "Control sent went button released".
7. Close FSUIPC by clicking on OK.
8. Push rocker switch and watch toggle switch on panel.
That should do it.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
thanked for this post