Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
My main gripe with using this method is my inability to cut straight lines with a bandsaw. The result is some of the panel edges are a bit wonky! I tried using an edging bit on my router but it hacks the edges too much and looks worse. Any tips on that front would be welcome. Being overhead you really can't notice but I wouldn't want them staring at me on a glareshield or MIP. Still more work to do on it not least of which is wiring up the switches so it actually works!

Ken.
Hi Ken

My best friend for cutting a nice straight line is a metal straightedge. I clamp it to the cut line and use it as a guide for the saw (I usually cut with a hand saw). The one I have is thick steel and there's no way a saw blade will cut into it so I will always get a panel with a straight cut.

To fix your current panels what you could try is clamp the straightedge to the panel edge and then use a dremel with a sanding disk to "straighten" them out. Run the sanding disk quickly and lightly back and forth using the straightedge as a guide. You can do the finishing touches by hand with a file or sanding block.

Regards,
Henry