Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anyone selling their Falcon 4 let me know.
    Tim

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level AbacusAce's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

There are a few good WW2 combat simulators. Both added up, (inc expansion packs) You fly a total of 162 different aircraft.
    IL2 Sturmovik, Pacific fighters.
    There are a few expansion packs for both of these games (They are made by the same company).
    IL2 Sturmovik is the campaign Between Russia and the German luftwaffe.
    There are expansion packs that allow you to fly aircraft from the RAF and other allied airforces.
    Pacific Fighters is based on the WW2 Pacific War between America and the Imperial army (Japan). The graphics are slightly better on Pacific fighters for example;
    - Flames extend futher from fuel tank (When on fire)
    - Bullets leave a clear trail of 'smoke'
    - When an aircraft crashes into the sea, the waves and shockwave extend alot futher than in IL2
    Im not sure if there are any expansion packs for Pacific fighters.
    However, you can connect Pacific fighters to IL2 sturmovik and share the maps and aircraft.
    Last edited by AbacusAce; 06-01-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Incomplete

Airbus

IL2, IL2 Forgotten Aces, Pacific fighters then Ace Expansion pack and 1946 these are addons for IL2 and they are both excellent
    I use them with Saitek X52 Joystick system, Ch Pro Pedals spring modified with Aluminum plate mods. Track IR 4 Pro , 14.2 Surround sound with Built in Homemade Sonic Tranducers Butt Kickers and LCD Projector for visuals and it rocks I play this probably 5x a week

Tim

Tim

Wow, that sounds like a sweet set-up for a prop combat sim, Warvet. I fly the IL2 series as well; although lately it has taken a back seat to some home remodeling.
    I need to do some searches here later today on how I may be able to amplify the output from my sound card for IL2 (or any other sim, actually) so I can mount speakers around my pit without having to use powered speakers.

Derek

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level AbacusAce's Avatar

Il2

Im told that on one of the expansion packs (i think its forgotten battles), you can fly the 4 engined bombers, you can also switch positions in the plane from pilot to gunner to co-pilot etc.
    The game is great online, however, you need to have everything on realistic
    (nice and challenging ).
    If you want to make it as realistic as possable, use a joystick (As most WW2 fighters used joysticks).
    Also if you bail out online, Your opponent gains less points because they havent acually killed you.
    Hint: To bail out hold Ctrl+E
    The 3 'A's. The 3 things the make Jet flying happen.
    - Aviation
    - Aircraft
    - Airport

10+ Posting Member

Re: What combat sims do you enjoy?

I've been happy with IL2 Sturmovik, though I assume there are better WWII sims out there. IL2 has lots of aircraft and many online servers accessible through Hyperlobby http://hyperfighter.sk/.

Mike

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Dont forget the first air war!

I fly Rise of Flight, Over Flanders Fields (Complete WWI mod of Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator), old school Red Baron (and the later Redbaron 3D) as well as the really old Knights of the Sky.

I also get shot down often in IL-2

Jets are not my thing so I usually stick to Prop planes both combat and FSX

David

Jets are just to fast for IL2
    they dont carry much ammo either.
    - Aviation
    - Aircraft
    - Airport

Also can someone help me with this problem;
    - When i go to log in to Ubi.com (for online IL2/Silent hunter) i log in and while its loading it says "The plugin list URL was not found in your settings file", i then click "OK" (because i have to) then it says "!!DialogLogin.Error.ERRORSO!!(en)"
    Can anyone help? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    (Sorry i didnt know where else to put this)
    - Aviation
    - Aircraft
    - Airport

25+ Posting Member

Let's see here Combat sims I still play:

Il2 1946 Edition - Complete Il2 series with Forgotten Battles, Aces Exp. Pack, Pacific Fighters, Sturmovics Over Manchuria, PE-2 Exp. Pack. This edition can be had for $9.99 and sports still relevant graphics, a ton of flyable A/C and almost every theater of WWII to fly in add that it's a fairly decent sim in its own right before all that. A great bargain.

Rise Of Flight - A great WWI sim that really captures the seat of your pants feeling (or feels like it).

Digital Combat Simulator - KA-50 Black Shark - A Russian attack helo sim based on the same code they use to train real pilots. It's really a work of art, TrackIR 6DOF, Fully Clickable pit, high fidelity systems/flight/damage/weapons model. A great sim and challenging beast to tame!

Lock On Modern Air Combat: Flaming Cliffs 2 - This is the latest version of the LOMAC series, developed by Eagle Dynamics of the KA-50 sim above. It features the F-15, Mig-29/27, Su-33, Su-25, A10A and a high fidelity advanced flight model Su-25T. Its not as in depth as DCS-KA50 above but is a great survey sim nonetheless. Additionally it features the same Terrain/Game engine as Ka-50 and as such the two can be flown together online making for interesting engagements.

Now for the future sim:

Digital Combat Simulator A10C Warthog - The follow up to DCS-KA50 will feature a version of the desktop software the US Air National Guard uses. All the same simulator features as KA50 above but with an updated/expanded map and many changes to the AI routines, graphics, engine and etc. KA50 will be integrated with Warthog and get the same engine updates. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUu4SV3GjVw (Promo Video)

Abacus Ace - Not sure with UBI haven't been there for ages but I do remember the last time I checked it out the site seemed to be in disrepair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast