Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Assorted PFC (Precision Flight controls) units for sale

Hi folks,

I can hardly move in my office and need to clear some stuff out that I no longer use. This is mostly PFC stuff (check www.flypfc.com for pix and other details, at least for the parts they still sell).

For now it's a brief list, to see if there is any interest here. I'm pricing it all really low because I want it to shift, but I also want to raise enough dosh to pay for replacing the hard disks on my main Sim PCs (PFC 737NG and Aerosoft GA28R) with solid state ones.

Just talk to me if you have an interest. Bear in mind I'm in the UK. I'd rather not have to pack stuff up well enough to survive shipping (I wouldn't know where to begin, to be honest), so this favours folks in the UK or close and willing to collect. If shipping is involved the costs will have to be added, because they could exceed the prices (as you'll realise when you feel the weight of these items! They are build to last, and SOLID!)

Okay, here's the list, starting with the one item not from PFC. Prices don't include packing and shipping. Collection would be best.:

EPIC USB, cased, plus expansion board ... £ 50 (GBP)

PFC stuff:

Cirrus 2 Console + choice of one throttle quadrant .... £ 600 (GBP)
    (This is not the "Pro" version).

Assorted other quadrants ... £ 50 each (GBP)
    (I have one of each type)

Avionics stack + RIC ... £ 450 (GBP)
    (Connects to the Cirrus 2, or can be used alone)

Throttle quadrant system (TCS) + choice of one throttle quadrant ... £ 150 (GBP)

Cirrus rudder pedals, digital (not analogue) toe brakes ... £ 150 (GBP)
    (Wired for connection to Cirrus 2, TCS or Jetliner console, but could possibly be converted for Game Port use -- not USB though)

Jetliner 737 style yoke ... £ 200
    (GBP)
    (Wired for connection to the Jetliner console, but could possibly be converted for Game Port use -- not USB though)

Jetliner console with 737 quadrant ... £ 400 (GBP)
    (Include A/P controls, full radio stack, as well as throttle quadrant and sundries)

MCP complete with pilot and copilot EFIS units and 6-packs ... £ 500 (GBP)
    (This is easily the most professional-looking and feeling full MCP that you could (once) get. It is the same one incorporated into the PFC 737NG (see "AATS" on the website)).

Freestanding 737 style full size FMC incorporating mini PC and green mono screen ... £ 250 (GBP)
    (This needs Project Magenta CDU software running actually on that mini PC, and it connects as another PC on your network. There's a slight fault with it (which has been there ever since I got it) in that the switch on sometimes doesn't boot the PC. There's a consistent way around this, however).

Questions? Offers? (Though please note that these are pretty much absolute minimums already -- they are all worth far more, as you'll see if you visit the website and check the pricing).

I'm in no rush about any of this. I'm still far too busy to actually tidy my office in any case! . This is in the nature of forward planning more than desperation!

Regards

Pete Dowson

25+ Posting Member

I would be interested in a couple of your items. I think I would like the 737 yoke, and the jetliner console, and poss. the mcp package. What currency are you using so I can figure out what it would be in Canadian dollars?

Please get back to me, I am interested.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

UK £ Sterling
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

25+ Posting Member

The only currency I can find for the UK is GBP in pounds. is this the same?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Yes. You need to get out more.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

6. Thanks Jackpilot thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

well if that's the case, then these might be pretty good deals. I remember years ago, I was thinking about buying the jetliner console. It had just about everything I wanted. Thanks.

I am curious if these units are backlit at all?

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by hurl2space View Post
    I would be interested in a couple of your items. I think I would like the 737 yoke, and the jetliner console, and poss. the mcp package. What currency are you using so I can figure out what it would be in Canadian dollars?

Please get back to me, I am interested.
    Sorry, £, or UKP (or do they say GBP) -- English Pounds.

Shipping to Vancouver though might cost more than the price of the units. I'm not even sure how to go about that -- especially trying to pack the things so they don't get damages en-route. Or is packing something the shipping company can undertake (at a price I assume)? If you know about these things and have contacts for shipping, maybe all that can be arranged at your end, to your satisfaction and price?

Regards

Pete

300+ Forum Addict

I am curious if these units are backlit at all?
    No. not these. They started backlighting the same bits when fitted into the 737NG cockpit. I think the MCP unit has provisions for backlighting, via an electro-whatsit membrane, but it isn't wired up and probably won't work. I wouldn't rely on it, so I'll say no.

Regards

Pete

25+ Posting Member

OK. a couple of questions if you don't mind. The items I would like are the 737 yoke and rudder pedals, and the jetliner console. Does the jetliner console still have it's own EFIS and MCP built in? And do all the radios work fine? OK, I actually work for a shipping company. I might be able to get it here myself. I will just need you to package it up for me. Give me a couple of days to find out what it might cost me.

300+ Forum Addict

OK. a couple of questions if you don't mind. The items I would like are the 737 yoke and rudder pedals, and the jetliner console.
    Okay. You should note that the pedals I am selling are NOT the ones with the proportional (analogue) brakes -- they are the on/off switch types ("digital"). That's why I priced them so low. I suppose you could modify them with suitable pots, if you are practical.

They do have the cut-out to receive the base of the yoke pedestal, though (for correct distancing of pedals from seat).

Does the jetliner console still have it's own EFIS and MCP built in?
    In the sense that it has all of those functions, or pretty much so, yes. They don't LOOK like an MCP or EFIS, as the console was basically a re-working of the avionics stack pus RIC add-on into a centre console with throttle quadrant and additional switches for engine start, flaps, A/T arm, autobrake, and so on.

And do all the radios work fine?
    Yes, everything works. The only "bug" is the label on the VNAV button which is printed upside down. Always meant to re-do that!

OK, I actually work for a shipping company. I might be able to get it here myself.
    Right. That helps.

I will just need you to package it up for me.
    That frightens me to death. I am not practical. I asked my wife (she IS practical) and she said "no way"!

Really this stuff, being so heavy, needs proper cases built for the job, ideally with polystyrene molds to stop anything moving. The yoke and pedals are pretty robust, but the console has switches and knobs which are easily broken.

I don't suppose your shipping company can also provide professional packing prior to shipment?

My wife is nagging me to wait for a UK buyer.

Give me a couple of days to find out what it might cost me.
    I'm in no rush. It's only the practicalities that concern me.

Regards

Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast