Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level majortomh's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I've always wondered how you guys ran all that software together. Does each sim have it's own computer? How does the tower tie into the sims and so forth if you don't mind me asking?
    I don't mind you asking at all! Each sim does have it's own PC...all seven sims are networked together into the server in OPCON. Our crew runs everything out of there. If you're looking for information more technical than that, I'm the wrong guy to ask (I'm only the owner...and you know the old adage "Those who can, do; those who can't, own!"), but I can get the answers for you! Thanks for your interest, and I'd invite you to stop by Flightdeck if you're ever in Socal, we'll give you (and anybody else on this site) a "Friends of Flightdeck" discount!

2. Thanks Bob Reed thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majortomh View Post
    I don't mind you asking at all! Each sim does have it's own PC...all seven sims are networked together into the server in OPCON. Our crew runs everything out of there. If you're looking for information more technical than that, I'm the wrong guy to ask (I'm only the owner...and you know the old adage "Those who can, do; those who can't, own!"), but I can get the answers for you! Thanks for your interest, and I'd invite you to stop by Flightdeck if you're ever in Socal, we'll give you (and anybody else on this site) a "Friends of Flightdeck" discount!
    That is a nice offer. And thank you!
    Bob Reed

Wow....THANKS! I have a buddy that works near there at Northrop that I've been meaning to visit!

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level majortomh's Avatar

Tim,

I remember your visit...just can't place the face! Sorry for the late response... I've got myself spread too thin! Thanks, also, for the kind words! Since your last visit, we have now got the heads down displays in the cockpits functioning Thanks to Eric de Best in the Netherlands who customized Falcon Gauges for us...we are currently working on getting the rudder pedals active in all of the pits as well as improving the fidelity of the panels. Time and money is all it takes!

Please be sure to call me the next time you visit your son...I would like tro be here when you come in!

Airbus

Will do Tom, I most definitely will come see you on my next visit down. your very welcome regarding my comments about your business and your wonderful and professional staff but in fact I am just telling the truth. You have a terrific setup. The only thing I would ask to change if possible is a new briefing video that one was definitely on its last legs lol but im sure thats in your upgrade plans, otherwise im excited to see the sim upgrades and shake your hand personally.

Regards Tim

We are constantly working on improving all aspects of the experience here...in fact my crew tweaks the briefing constantly...do you have any specific suggestions? I would certainly welcome them and pass them along!

75+ Posting Member

Re: Introducing Flightdeck Air Combat Center!

I am Tom Hubbard, owner and operator of Flightdeck Air Combat Center in Anaheim CA. We have 7 F-16 cockpit sims (that used to be at Fightertown USA back in the day). Other than some various sims on the USS Midway in San Diego, we are the only retail flight simulation center in the Western US (and one of only a handful in the world to the best of my knowledge). We are looking to upgrade the interior of our cockpits and hope to get some critical info and ideas from all of you experts!
    Feel free to check out our website at www.WannaDogfight.com and give us any feedback. If any of you are ever in Socal, please call me personally and I will give you a friend of Flightdeck discount.

Looking forward to getting to know you all,

Tom
    Tom,
    Having visited your center last July I must say we had a blast! Your cockpits are in much better condition than the ones at Pensacola and at the Midway. I hope to visit you again the next time I visit California! It looked like your people had done some great work with Falcon.

Justin
    Home of the world's first South American DC-8 jetliner.
    Home of the Blue Angel F-4 Phantom simulator.

Thanks for the update...we actually just did a quick and dirty retrofit of panels using lexan (sp?) and plexiglass with backlighting in the sims. Would love it if and when FO brought the product out and would be pleased to be a test bed/retail showcase for the software.

Finding someone to make more shells has been the major fly in the ointment. I don't know who did the originals...they are out of business currently. Trying to find someone to replicate them without breaking the bank is a challenge. Got a quote from one company of about 6oK per for about another 6 to 8 of them. A boat builder was supposed to give me a quote, but never got back to me. Am going to try a n old friend who i a Hollywood producer to see if he has any ideas/sources for production. But honestly, we've mainly been focused on trying to make our present location profitable...not easy in today's economy (though we were pretty much able to keep our sales equal with last year). Obama hasn't come out with a flight sim bail out plan yet...though I'm sure it would only make things worse somehow, like the other bailouts of last year have IMHO! I would love to talk to anybody at FO (when the time is right) about a strategic partnership!

Here's to a productive and prosperous 2010 for us all!

Cool stuff

I'm not too far from Anaheim. I am definitely going to have to check out your shop.
    Mike G.

75+ Posting Member

Tom, let us know if you ever switch to FeeFalcon 5 and are interested in trying online combat against othe cockpit flyers. We now have three sims running Falcon5.IMG00621.jpgIMG00620.jpg
    Home of the world's first South American DC-8 jetliner.
    Home of the Blue Angel F-4 Phantom simulator.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast