Airbus This happened for real you guys need to see this :)

A friend of mine got this actual info from another pilot friend of his who was monitoring I believe 121.5 mhz international emergency frequency band while flying through Mid East to Dubai on a routine trip he does all the time. Anyway while he was monitoring this is what he heard on the radio:

(Iranian Air Defence East sector): Unidentified aircraft this is Iranian Air Defence East sector, you are flying in restricted Iranian Airspace at location (Uknown/Altitude) please identify yourself.

(Aircraft):Sir you are mistaken, I am in Iraqi Airspace not Iranian Airspace.

(Iranian Air Defence East sector): Negative! Sir you are flying in restricted Iranian Airspace please identify yourself!

(Aircraft):I am a US Miltary Aircraft flying in Iraqi airspace Sir.

(Iranian Air Defence East sector): Negative Sir I say again you are flying in restricted Iranian Airspace if you do not alter course immediately and leave Iranian Airspace we will be forced to consider your actions hostile and send up interceptor Aircraft!

(Aircraft): Iranian Air Defence I am a US Marine Corps FA-18 aircraft send em up we'll wait!

(Iranian Air Defence East sector): *Dead Silence no response....*

This actually happened it was hilarious when I heard this I could just imagine the Iranian Fire Officer's face lol

Anyway just thought I'd share this.

Tim

2. Thanks dnoize, Geremy Britton, Trevor Hale, autocadplease thanked for this post
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Kinda funny, but completely untrue (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=39907). This is a variation of an old joke about the battleship USS New Jersey. It went something like the below:

The USS Turner Joy, a destroyer with three 5"-38's spotted a target off the coast of North Vietnam. Assuming it friendly, a radio call was put out:

"This is the USS Turner Joy, Please identify yourself."

No response.

Signal lights were used:

"This is the USS Turner Joy, identify yourself, friend or foe."

No response.

Signal lights again:

"This is the USS Turner Joy, identify yourself or we will commence firing"

Answer:

"This is the Battleship USS New Jersey, You may fire when ready!"

Hmmm....

I received an email in November regarding the F/A-18 Eecounter, funny then too. I've heard a different variation of the second post, only it involved a US Navy Ship and a light house, the US Navy ship demanded the other "ship" (apparently all they could see was lights) change it's course, of course the light house "won" when it identified itself, but still seems fake as I believe Naval ships have had radar for quite some time. Funny stories though.

Not everything that people say happened for real by the way but it is so funny when you say that how people get all intense and factual hahaha almost better than the joke itself. Guys lmao your too funny the joke is when you write it its part of the joke to put in the part about your friends friend being a pilot etc hahahaaha OMG thats too funny, I was pretty sure you guys would see that the wholething i wrote is how you tell the joke Ok just so people dont get their lil panties in a bunch Ill clarify: No I dont have a friend that heard this and No I dont have a friend that was a pilot in the mideast that heard this LOL ITS A JOKE!!! Ok now that was cleared up. Man it is just too funny how people are quick to get in the mix.After reading from the link posted about this it is absolutely mindblowing how people are so at the ready to freak out and start explaining how it really is etc etc. When all it is , is a piece of light humor. But whatever. For everyone else just enjoy the joke guys Geez

Tim

Ahh...so everything you read on the internet is NOT true? LOL, Still made me smile true or not.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9