Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ambiance sounds

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I downloaded the freeware FDSFXpnl and use that with dedicated pushbuttons. The attached wave files are very realistic. I enjoy having cabin announcements when "I" want them. Sometimes when I fly for a quick T/O and Lndg I prefer to fly silent!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Guys,
    FYI I took my FS passenger program hacked all the wavs and then just applied them to input/output signals to activate upon use of a given input. It works fine. Just set it up so as you go through your checklist you activate sounds by flipping required switches and I also took and replaced certain sounds from FS Passenger and directly substituted existing ones on FS9 and Im very happy with results. Overall I hate the FS Passenger program because it really affects my A/C operation too much for my liking. But the sound files are awsome.
    JMO
    Tim
    Tim is this using Project Magenta, and if so is it possible to do it without PM?

Yup,
    im using PM doing it but it doesnt run on PM at all so yes it will absolutely work without PM.

Tim

Anohter thought...

Search around the freeware sites, there are several add-on panels that have what you are looking for. They are discreet panels, some functions are triggered manually, some are automatic with option for off. I may have a few downloaded, I'll look and see, I have not tested any of them.

5. Thanks Jackpilot thanked for this post

Another thought...

Search around the freeware sites, there are several add-on panels that have what you are looking for. They are discreet panels, some functions are triggered manually, some are automatic with option for off. I may have a few downloaded, I'll look and see, I have not tested any of them.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

I would prefer to have them triggered auto...more realistic, sort of! lol
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

You might also look at Aerosoft's AES package. It adds a lot of great stuff to fs2004 (not FSX). The ambience sounds are great.

One problem is that it pops a menu up on the front view when the keys are activated. Haven't figured out how to get rid of that yet. I haven't figured out how to get the sounds directed off the main fs sound buss yet either.

best,

..................john
    http://www.elliesystems.com/wForums/uploads/48/EllieBetaTestTeamBanner.jpg

9. Thanks Jackpilot thanked for this post

Airbus

Just a lil point to those looking to use AES Aerosoft, its a cool little program but to get a decent benefit out of it, the problem is its extremely cost prohibitive. It doesnt take you to the parking stand issued to you by ATC, it ignores other AI aircraft which can be tricky, and most importantly the amount of actual airports it supports are very low comparison to the world we fly in. Don't get me wrong guys this is a really cool little program but with the buy credit system to activate an airport system they use, it can definitely get to be more cost than what you get.On a good point the pushback feature is really helpful and extremely accurrate. This is JMO and I suggest you try the free demo version for yourself. I stopped using it for reasons listed. Good luck

tim

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

I have a number of payware airports loaded for fs2004 and have AES activated for all of them. So I tend to fly from one AES supported airport to another. So for me, it is OK. And I don't find it that cost prohibitive since it keeps me from having to upgrade tons ao hardware to run FSX to get similar stuff with OK framerates .

Points above are valid. Look before you leap. Best thing is to download the Grimshaw freeware KBOS (which is a FlyTampa "teaser" airport), and the free Aerosoft AES demo. They work together...and you can see what it actually does.

BTW...... You CAN get the follow-me car to go to the parking issued by ATC... you just have to manually select it after it is verbally issued....the car does not automatically go there.

Having the cleaning crew and food delivery folks working in the back, the passengers boarding as the attendants welcome them, the de-icing trucks spraying before taxi, and other such stuff is a nice touch. The pushback tug and the ground crew giving instructions is also a nice touch.

I just wish I could separate the groundcrew sounds to my headset which is on a separate computer, and the ambience to a third computer.

best,

.................john
    http://www.elliesystems.com/wForums/uploads/48/EllieBetaTestTeamBanner.jpg

75+ Posting Member

i thought that when using the AES, the instruction always pop up at the screen, the problem is that when i'm in the cockpit i'm not using a mouse and keyboard. What to do then ?
    Phil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast