Thread: New from Cyprus

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New from Cyprus

Hello guys. Just a quick hello, I have been lurking for a while and soaking up all the great info. I am quite new to fsx and have a custom built 3 screen "cockpit" already. However the "cockpit" in question is for simracing mostly.
    I use keygetys SoftTH for my view span across 3 screens instead of triple head to go and i thought you all should know it seems the guys at softth have a new version (1.09) that is working with fsx. I am in the early testing of it and it seems the results are quite good.. I have managed to span across my three screens had a short flight but the graphics were a bit choppy and pixelated but hey its a start.

http://www.kegetys.net/forum/index.php?topic=795.0

Thanks Steve

300+ Forum Addict

Hello Steve, and thanks for the informative post.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Welcome to MyCockpit Steve.

Hopefully you will be able to upload some picture to the gallery of your setup. I am looking forward to watching it progress.

Best regards,

Trev

Thankyou for the welcome guys.
    Now what i said earlier about softTH working with fsx... It seems i got it working across 3 screens a couple of times but now i'm having problems.
    Other people have it running fine, from what i have read, I think i shall give up and get a th2go.

I'm still very much a complete novice with flight sims, But as you can see im not completely new to having a go at building something.
    My plan now is to have a projected image above and behind my three screens ( forward outside view ) and use my three screens for instrument panels.
    I'll see how i like it and then maybe start having a crack at a little generic cockpit.
    What i have now is comfortable for normal gaming, day to day computing and racing simulators. I must say i have a bass shaker installed under my seat for driving.. or at least it was for driving until i retracted the landing gear lol
    For now though i shall just keep soaking up all the fantastic build projects on here

I managed to get hold of a LCD projector but the vga cable is too short,and as i cant really move my pc chassis I'm a little stuck for now. Do you guys just buy longer cables?
    The steering wheel is to be stowed away and replaced with a yoke and i shall start building a custom projector screen tomorrow and mount it above and behind my tft's.

I already have one of leo bodnars usb boards with a few momentary switches attached.

Got to say i'm a little excited about this little project

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

My computers aren't even in the same room as the sim.

Just buy longer cables. Nice work on your auto.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!