Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TH2Go and FSX

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

TH2Go and FSX

I am using the TH2GO with an Nvidia 9800 GT/GTX on Vista64 Ultimate. When I ALT + ENTER to full screen the video is corrupted. I downloaded a hotfix that was supposed to address this, but I am still getting corrupted video. Any ideas ?
    ASUS M3A32-MVP Delux/AMD Phenom 9850/XFX GeForce 9800 GTX/CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066/TH2GO Digi/3 x 22" Samsung 2253bw LCDs/Saitek PZ44 Pro Flight Yoke System/Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/GoFlight RP48, GF-T8, and MCP-Pro

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Give this a whirl...

Turn on the computer,

after boot, Unplug the USB power to the Th2Go, and plug it back in..

Reboot the computer, (this will let you see windows again) Edit the fsx Config file, and change the resolution to one that matches your Th2Go.

Trev

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Give this a whirl...

Turn on the computer,

after boot, Unplug the USB power to the Th2Go, and plug it back in..

Reboot the computer, (this will let you see windows again) Edit the fsx Config file, and change the resolution to one that matches your Th2Go.

Trev
    So, are you saying I need to power down my tower (with the power button) after I unplug/plug-in the TH2GO ?
    ASUS M3A32-MVP Delux/AMD Phenom 9850/XFX GeForce 9800 GTX/CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066/TH2GO Digi/3 x 22" Samsung 2253bw LCDs/Saitek PZ44 Pro Flight Yoke System/Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/GoFlight RP48, GF-T8, and MCP-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by airwolfe View Post
    So, are you saying I need to power down my tower (with the power button) after I unplug/plug-in the TH2GO ?

No... With the tower booted up... unplug the Th2go (USB PLUG) you will here the USB Chime, then Plug it back in.. Chimes again..

then do a restart on your computer.. this will allow the Th2Go to reset..

If you have VNC or something like that, you can remote desktop to the computer and go into the TH2Go Software and press reset to defaults.. that will work as well.

Trev

10+ Posting Member

No... With the tower booted up... unplug the Th2go (USB PLUG) you will here the USB Chime, then Plug it back in.. Chimes again..

then do a restart on your computer.. this will allow the Th2Go to reset..

If you have VNC or something like that, you can remote desktop to the computer and go into the TH2Go Software and press reset to defaults.. that will work as well.

Trev
    I am at work right now, but I am trying to imagine how this works. I unplug/replug the TH2GO. After that point I will reboot my machine. Then open the FSX.cfg and find the resolution setting and set it to something the TH2GO can do... in my case 4320x900 ?

Correct.. I think what has happened is your Fullscreen FSX setting in the config file is trying to do a resolution that it has troubles with..

I have something similar, but what happens with me is, everytime I power off my computer, I have to unplug, plug, and reboot the triplehead2go. If I just restart my PC, i don't have to do this. I am not sure what the issue is, but I am told a Powered USB hub May fix my issue.

Trev

10+ Posting Member

Correct.. I think what has happened is your Fullscreen FSX setting in the config file is trying to do a resolution that it has troubles with..

I have something similar, but what happens with me is, everytime I power off my computer, I have to unplug, plug, and reboot the triplehead2go. If I just restart my PC, i don't have to do this. I am not sure what the issue is, but I am told a Powered USB hub May fix my issue.

Trev
    ok, I will give it a try. I am using a powered USB right now. Are you using the latest set of drivers/utilities from Matrox ? The ones from last month ? or the ones from August ? Did you let Matrox SGU 'optimize' your .cfg file ?

10+ Posting Member

Same problem here.

I downloaded the new Matrox GXM widescreen resolutions (I have 3 x 23" widescreens) and the new 181.driver. The new 5040 x 1050 resolutions were all recognized in the Windows display menu and in the Nvidia control panel and in the FSX display menu. All was set and the native resolution in Nvidia panel matched the display resolutions. All was installed correctly...
    BUT my screen was terribly corrupt and my cursor was blinking and I lost all my 2D cockpits. So after 2 days of tinkering and reading, I went back to the 3840 x 1024 resolutions and put back the older 180. driver.

It all works spledidly once again. I'm not sure what the exact problem was, but I suspect the newest 181. driver. I am hesitant to once again reinstall the GXM higher resolutions just to see if it is indeed the display driver for my 9800GTX+ card causing the corruption?

Ken

XP(32) ASUS PS5 2.3gz Nvidia 9800GTX+ 3.25gigRAM TH2Go(DVI)

10+ Posting Member

Why doesn't SGU have the new Matrox widescreen 5040 x 1050 res? It only optimizes for 3840 x 1042. Can this be a problem?

So I tried again installing the Matrox new widescreen res at 5040 x 1050. Once again FSX began to fail. No 2D cockpits and scenery all goes a blur and the cursor flashes and all the "type" words in the ALT menu are blackened-out. Unusable until I return all back to the old 3840 x 1042 res.
    So it wasn't the new 181. driver causing the corruption. It's Matrox.

I see this seems a problem for others as well.
    Any solutions?

Thanks,
    Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Quote Originally Posted by KanadaKen View Post
    Why doesn't SGU have the new Matrox widescreen 5040 x 1050 res? It only optimizes for 3840 x 1042. Can this be a problem?

So I tried again installing the Matrox new widescreen res at 5040 x 1050. Once again FSX began to fail. No 2D cockpits and scenery all goes a blur and the cursor flashes and all the "type" words in the ALT menu are blackened-out. Unusable until I return all back to the old 3840 x 1042 res.
    So it wasn't the new 181. driver causing the corruption. It's Matrox.

I see this seems a problem for others as well.
    Any solutions?

Thanks,
    Ken
    I was having the same problem, then I found out it was my monitor, 5040X1050 can only be achieved if your monitors support 57HZ refresh rate, in my case 60HZ is the lowest for 2 monitors, so I cant get that much of a resolution with my current setup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast