Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TH2Go and FSX

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by kemy View Post
    This is the latest Powerdesk (dec 2008 )
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/su...s=2&product=71

and this is the latest firmware update the one that will new reso;utions to the list of supported res.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/su...igital/howto1/

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Mate,

But I already had the latest downloads. GMX runs fine, the problem is that
    Matrox Power desk won't open at all, just goes back to desktop. Therefore I can't get "bezel management"...the reason I bought the digital.

Of course when the cockpit is built and I only have front view, no cockpit showing on screen, the problem will not be as noticable.

Hopefully before then I can fix the problem (new graphics card?)

cheers for the thoughts

Darryl
    "Tony"

In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hill View Post
    Thanks Mate,

But I already had the latest downloads. GMX runs fine, the problem is that
    Matrox Power desk won't open at all, just goes back to desktop. Therefore I can't get "bezel management"...the reason I bought the digital.

Of course when the cockpit is built and I only have front view, no cockpit showing on screen, the problem will not be as noticable.

Hopefully before then I can fix the problem (new graphics card?)

cheers for the thoughts

Darryl
    Hi Darryl,

I don't think it's the graphics card , looks like a software installation problem, been there , spent days before I solved it
    Why don't you do it all from the begining? that was my final resort and fixed it.

you totally uninstall the TH2G software and drivers, you plug back a single monitor direct to your PC and restart, then make sure the drivers were deleted and the software folders are deleted, and re-install everything again.

Good Luck

Thanks mate,

I tried that and got a bit further...this time the programme actually flicked up on screen before disappearing. However in the process I shut down Track IR4 (for no particular reason) and suddenly everything worked.

I found that if trackIR starts first then PowerDesk will not start. But if you start powerdesk and then start TIR4, they run quite happily together!

Thanks for your help, I would have been there for days too...so I owe you a couple...

Darryl
    "Tony"

In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.

10+ Posting Member

So I reinstalled all the Matrox SGU and GMX/Powerdesk drivers/software again, and removed and reinstalled the 178. drivers.
    Viola! I got the 5040 res finally showing up in SGU and Powerdesk...but now I cannot get the Nvidia Native Resolution above 3860, so in game (FSX) when I set display res to 5040, the display is better than before, but I still do not get my 2D cockpit at all, and the mouse pointer still flickers (albeit not as badly as before).

So I'm slowly getting there.
    Anyone know any suggestions for getting my Nvidia native resolution up to match my desktops 5040?
    Thanks kindly guy's.

Ken

300+ Forum Addict

Hello,

for information my correspondence with the Matrox Support.

My question:
    Hello, i have a T2G Digital work with my WinXP64 on a resulution of 5040x1050. Now i try WinVista 64bit with the Vista 64 driver, i can´t use the resulution of 5040x1050 the frequenz is to low. My LG TFT´s show only 48Hz. The Software Profil show 57Hz. The Video driver is Geforce 182.50 beta. T2G driver is 1.0.0.6 file vxp2k_gmx_2_04_00_011_whql. All lower resulutions work without any problems.
    Matrox answer:
    Unfortunately, we’re aware of an issue where the configuration works great in Win XP64 but when it comes to Vista 64, the display drivers are completely different.
    We’ve been able to reproduce this issue and have notified Nvidia in regards to this issue. Windows XP drivers work fine, Vista drivers do not allow our unit to work correctly.
    Answer for my question witch Driver Version work with Vista 64:
    At the present time there is no available driver.
    Regards,
    Stefan

Re: TH2Go and FSX

Hi there

I am using the TH2G with FSX too. I have a shown screen resoultion in display settings of 5040x1050, the SGU is set for FSX to 5040x1050 and ingame I also have the resolution shown for full screen.

But as soon as I change to full screen, the screens go black and flicker. I thought it might be a Hertz problem but other games like WoW, HAWX work fine.

So all I can do right now is playing in windowed mode. Does anyone know how to fix that? I am using a 8800 GTS with dual core CPU

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu05 View Post
    Hi there

I am using the TH2G with FSX too. I have a shown screen resoultion in display settings of 5040x1050, the SGU is set for FSX to 5040x1050 and ingame I also have the resolution shown for full screen.

But as soon as I change to full screen, the screens go black and flicker. I thought it might be a Hertz problem but other games like WoW, HAWX work fine.

So all I can do right now is playing in windowed mode. Does anyone know how to fix that? I am using a 8800 GTS with dual core CPU
    Have you tried using a lower resolution ? Make sure you use it both on your desktop and in FSX... they have to be the same. Mine is 3840x1024. I am using a 9800GT+ ... if I crank up the settings too much I get stutter and flashing screens also. I hope this helps.
    ASUS M3A32-MVP Delux/AMD Phenom 9850/XFX GeForce 9800 GTX/CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066/TH2GO Digi/3 x 22" Samsung 2253bw LCDs/Saitek PZ44 Pro Flight Yoke System/Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/GoFlight RP48, GF-T8, and MCP-Pro

yeah I have a resoultion from 5040x1050 on desktop and inagme. the problem was, that some drivers seem to be dmg. i uninstalled TH2G and FSX, defragment the system and reinstalled everything. No it works in full screen just fine and I can enjoy it

BTW the Anti-aliasing is responible for the black screen. As soon as I turn it off, it works good.

Thanks for your help

10+ Posting Member

Glad you got it worked out. Enjoy !
    ASUS M3A32-MVP Delux/AMD Phenom 9850/XFX GeForce 9800 GTX/CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066/TH2GO Digi/3 x 22" Samsung 2253bw LCDs/Saitek PZ44 Pro Flight Yoke System/Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/GoFlight RP48, GF-T8, and MCP-Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123