Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I made a post about this option, in Peter's forum. (http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=74719)

We can expect for Peter's opinion, if a X-Fsuipc could be possible.

Regards
    Eddie Armaos
    Athens-Greece

[

Please

I have a customer who wants his CPT to be Certifiable in the Future, and we have been holding out on PMRJ, Instructor station, PM Systems, CDU until I investigated X Plane more. Our perfect solution would be X-Plane, and PM working together. Please.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnoize View Post
    Now there's a thought. I dont have a clue if this is possible, but it would be a great solution if it is. A plug in, that can translate x-plane variables to FSUIPC variables.

This would eliminate the need of new glass cockpit software, so we dont have to fork out thousands of dollars again.

Once again, i dont have a clue if this is possible, Maybe Pete Dowson and/or Austin Meyer can tell us more about the possibilities for this.
    I agree.. Now this would be a wonderful solution. If possible.. who knows, except for Peter Dowson. Perhaps he could respond and let us know..

Trev

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    I agree.. Now this would be a wonderful solution. If possible.. who knows, except for Peter Dowson. Perhaps he could respond and let us know..
    See Eddie's post a few messages back. He even provided a link.

Pete

I see now, Thanks Pete.

Hopefully this isn't the end... Not many programmers out there are as talented as you are Pete.. Just the way the world goes I guess.

Cheers for all your efforts through the years, as this will surely be the end for a lot of people.

Best regards,

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by mattford1 View Post
    There is a perception out there that Project Magenta and X-Plane cannot be compatible because X-Plane changes its data structure from release to release. This is simply not true. A plugin was developed by Ben Supnik that is very similar to Pete's FSUIPC. This eliminates all together the data issue much as the same way Pete keeps the 3rd party apps running even though things change from release to release of MSFS.
    www.737sim.com
    I have read many times that Enrico tried to make PM compatible with x-plane some years back, but due to Austin's constant revamping of the data structure it proved too much work to keep up with the changes. Now Matt is saying this is not true. Not trying to start a flame war here but it would be nice to have the powers that be, namely Austin and Enrico, clarify this so we can better understand what the real development challenges are. I for one would love to see x-plane and PM work together, I wouldn't even mind paying for an update/utility/plugin as long as it was a reasonable price point, such as that of FSUIPC..

My two cents

LOL I have owned PM for a few years now and it is still unfinished and now there is a want/need for PM to work with X-Plane. I would like this too BUT i would rather have a completed version of PMRJ and GAGC. I know there are alot of PM users out there but how about also asking Ellie Systems to make there software compatible with X-Plane. I would have switched over to X-Plane if it not for the fact i spent too much money on PM software that is only compatible with FS.

This is my personal opinon i am not bashing PM just makeing my point. Please dont start bashing PM because of MY OPINON, thanks.
    Mike G.

Matt,

Would it not be possible to have Austin just allow the FSUIPC Module to be recognized and used in X-Plane. Then it could talk to it as it were an add-on of it's own. Instead of having each software developer change their software, wouldn't it be better to just change one. "change the cart so all horses can pull it?"

Then many other softwares could work that use the existing FSUIPC interface?

Just a thought, I am not a programmer so really, I am talking out my butt I guess.

Trev

I assume it would involve finding an equivalent fsuipc offset for each x-plane offset

500+ This must be a daytime job

What i am worried about is if, and how much lag that translation would give.

Apearently someone made something like this allready for x-plane 7. Does anyone know who that is ? Maybe thats the guy we should contact.

BTW i found some really amazing photorealistic scenery and there are also utils to convert fs9 and fsx scenery to x-plane9. so eyecandy is not the problem.

Stef.
    www.boeing737ng.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast