Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hagstrom Interface boards

Hello...I am in the process of purchasing an interface board for my rocker switches etc....I no very little about these interface boards. I have been to the Hagstrom website and read the information...but before I put my credit card down, can someone recommend which board I should be looking at for my simpit? KE72,KE24,KE18, KEUSB36, KE USB 24 etc etc.

Is it safe to say that the KE72 series plugs into your keyboard slot....and the KEUSB series uses a usb port??

Also, what is the major differences between these listed products...(I am assuming it is directly related to how many switches you can hook up (?)).

Finally, has anyone had experience with this product...and if so ....how like?

Thanks to everyone

-Jim

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi,

I have used the Hagstrom KE72 and found that it worked quite well for switches. However I have switched to a joystick board by Leo Bodnar and that has simplified things.

With the Hagstrom you usually have to write 2 kines of macros for each switch and then make sure you don't use a keystroke combination that's already in use in FS. With the joystick board you don't have to write keystroke combinations. You just connect your switch and use the FSUIPC drop down menu's to allocate the switch action. You can also have two actions programmed to a single switch. I would reccommend the Leo Bodnar board over the Hagstrom.

Hope thi helps

Rob