500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Teamspeak PTT and FSUIPC

I'm about to go nuts...
    I know its something very simple but I just can't get it to work.

Anyway, short background: I used to have the Saitek Pro Flight setup (yoke, rudder, 2xTQ) and I had set-up my PTT keypress button using the Saitek software (I know, I know...) and had no problems using PTT for Teamspeak when in FS9. When I left Switzerland, I sold the Saitek stuff and currently I'm (temporarily) using a simple Logitech joystick.

Now to get to the problem. I set up PTT using my registered FSUIPC v3.85 and whenever the FS9 window is active (whether in full screen or window mode) the PTT button will not activate transmission on TS. When I make TS or any other window such as Firefox, Word, etc. active TS picks up the button press (as long as FS9 is still on) and transmits.

Some people had suggested JoyToKey as a quick fix but I tried that and I have the same problem. When JTK is minimized TS picks up the PTT keypress except when FS9 is active.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Or what I could try to get TS to pick up the button actuated keypress from FS9?

Efe,
    Are you using a key for the push-to-talk that does not have a function in FS9? I use the left CTRL key and it works fine. I have not had to set anything in FS9, just FSUIPC where I had that switch send the Left CTRL key and hold as long as the button was depressed.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

Hi Efe,

Something you can check is that maybe your PTT action is set both in MSFS/ FSPUIC and the Teamspeak software. Therefore could be the problem. Also make sure that the key assignment is not set in FSPUIC and MSFS.

Are you using Teamspeak in FS9 to chat to other people or are you communicating with ATC? On Vatsim and more specific at Vatsaf we use Teamspeak to chat with each other outside of FS9 or FSX. Therefore I set the PTT up in the Teamspeak software and not via FSPUIC or MSFS.
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | C# Avionics | CNC)

Thanks for the replies guys. I fly IVAO so we use it for communication with live ATC and for unicom whenever they are not on. I've cleared the button in the FS controls and only have it set up in FSUIPC.

I set up TS with the key (tried Scroll Lock and later F12) and then go into FS and ensure that I've cleared any assignment for that key. Then I set up the button in FSUIPC but neither the button nor the key triggers TS to transmit.

Problem solved! And not a minute too early at that. I'd gotten tired of having to switch between a non-full screen FS and TS every time I needed to read back instructions.

Started working once I started running TS as an administrator. Although my account has administrator rights, as usual I had to right click the executable and choose it from the menu.