Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

looking for This type pf motor Help Please

Hi Guys ... need help sorta eyes and ears assistance.. i Have built a 2DOF motion Platform But My Project is on Hold because i was not happy with the performance of my Current DIY actuators.. Have seen a alternate method of actuation which i belive would allow me to at last get this project moving again ( in more ways than one ) im sure i saw somewhere on this website a link of post about motors similar to the one in my photo .. Spec Wise it's 200W 24Vdc with reduction gearbox 17:1 output speed at shaft around 203RPM and 9Nm Torque .. these motors were made in china and had placed an order for 3 off only to be told that they no longer have them in stock i realise the spec wont be the same but does anyone out there know or can point me to maybe something similar..Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

The arrangement of the gearbox and the motor make it look as if it's a power window motor.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

150+ Forum Groupie

Thumbs up Cheers

Hi Micheal .. Its sort of used for small buggies ,, golf carts etc am trying to follow the work Ian at Buggies Built for fun and the whole new concept he has developed for a DIY motion sim seems very Do-able so trying to source parts but unfortunatly that motor seems to be hard to get But will keep looking anyways ..Cheers

Have you looked at the surplus companies like http://surpluscenter.com/ ?
    No exact matches, but there is a lot of stuff there.
    RR

Looks like the windscreen motor from my car

Anything here of any help?

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...ed_motors.html

Look on ebay after Wheelchair Motor.
    There are only two types of airplanes that matters. Old and new Airbus...
    Current projects: Developing of new VA, CNC router and A320 flightdeck.

75+ Posting Member

Hi Calvin,

I used that Unite golf caddy motor because it seemed to be available in the UK and it had the substantial advantage of being fairly cheap. Mine have given good service so far but the g'box has some backlash and the worm gear is nylon and will wear in time.... but for the money a reasonable choice I thought.

If you have a bit more money to spend and want to be sure of what you are getting then you could have a look at Parvalux's offerings. They are a UK manufacturer and do a number of gearhead types including a worm box with hollow through-shaft similar to the Unite motor setup.

http://www.parvalux.co.uk/uk/downloads/

Look at the 2009 DC PM Catalog and go to the "At a glance" page. You'll need to identify their 200W motor and matching g'box then ask for prices. You might be able to spec a g/box that will allow direct drive of your crank.

I'm not sure about the cost but it will be considerably higher than the Chinese motors - but they will probably last longer.

Ian

150+ Forum Groupie

Thumbs up big thank you guys

Hi Guys just to say thanks for the feedback this really was afishing expedition becuse as you all know stuff is out there on the net but only if you ask the right question or use best phrase.. really would like to get this project going but as with all diy Sim Make vs Buy of shelf was always our weak point.. will have a look at all the options you have given Cheers @Ian, roland and others too many to mention what can i say always helpfull and a great asset to our Hobby Big thanks for sharing Big Big

motors

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeaflyer View Post
    Hi Guys ... need help sorta eyes and ears assistance.. i Have built a 2DOF motion Platform But My Project is on Hold because i was not happy with the performance of my Current DIY actuators.. Have seen a alternate method of actuation which i belive would allow me to at last get this project moving again ( in more ways than one ) im sure i saw somewhere on this website a link of post about motors similar to the one in my photo .. Spec Wise it's 200W 24Vdc with reduction gearbox 17:1 output speed at shaft around 203RPM and 9Nm Torque .. these motors were made in china and had placed an order for 3 off only to be told that they no longer have them in stock i realise the spec wont be the same but does anyone out there know or can point me to maybe something similar..Cheers
    Something like theese babies? (pic #2): http://osttveit.be/mppics.html

terminated (for now anyway) project: http://osttveit.be/motionplatform.html

Hope to get the opportunity to pic up where i left, or maybe a bit before that. Got all the parts and controllers still, but lack a metallshop to do the work.
    The motors are from a wheelchair. In norway you get those for free( if you just ask in a polite manner...) cause it's classified as scrap.

Best of luck!!

10. Thanks wannabeaflyer thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Wink Just to say Thanks

Hi Funny you should mention your project as its one of the sites i look at form time to time .. I have 4 Electric Wheel chair motors 2 presently being used on my Motion chair Car Simulator.. ( Project WIP work in progress ) and have used Electric Wiper motors for the Flight Sim in the past, But found that as the Canopy LCD Monitors and all the other bits got added to make it look ( Ok Sorta Look ) like a Plane Cockpit, so the motors stuggled when the sim was over at Maximuim Bank/Pitch .. i will say i have'nt tried fitting the wheelchair motors to my actuators as i would like to move towards the Work Ian at buggies built for fun he has an excellent take on Motion platforms a very easy setup but sourcing the motors is my Problem .... Electronics , Mech build , Interfacing very doeable so will keep looking for the motors ... Thanks to Rolands suggestion the surpluscenter looks like they have what i need , now all i have to do is total up shipping , Customs Tax , Exchange rate etc and work out if its cost effective ... parvalux are local for me but Sttttteep in Price but in saying that if shipping the stuff from abroad cancels out the price difference i may have to Opt for their Procuct.. once aagin cheers for the input guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast