Steve
    another bedroom boeing.....

150+ Forum Groupie Jake 747 400's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: PMDG Offsets

Do PMDG have a reason for not publishing their offsets or is it something else?
    Also I keep trying the FS intterogate on pmdg and I have also tried it on the default a/c but nothing comes up, could someone give me a heads up on where to start.
    Thanks,
    Jake.
    Boeing 744ever jakes747sim.webs.com

75+ Posting Member

Difficult to trace with FsInterrogate because lots of settings are bitwise.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jake 747 400 View Post
    Also I keep trying the FS intterogate on pmdg and I have also tried it on the default a/c but nothing comes up, could someone give me a heads up on where to start.
    Thanks,
    Jake.
    I dont think you will get very far . As far as I can gather there are no offsets on the PMDG overhead. they used FS offset info only. so if you want the overhead gauges and anunciators to work its a bit tricky.
    Ive been working on a logic controler that looks at 5 FS offsets and produces its own offsets to drive the overhead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfIC...layer_embedded
    shows my overhead in action. is this what you are looking to do?

mark

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Found this interesting and reasonable explanation for PMDG not providing offsets for their planes. This was posted on a other thread:

Found this also,

"It is not due to lack of interest that we won't open up our offsets values to hardware builders. The reason is simple: It took us a very long time to develop our systems at a professional grade. For example: The autopilot flight director system is very generic and can be used everywhere, so we consider it a trade secret and will only work with specific hardware vendors to develop drivers for their hardware.

Please don't consider this business decision as contrary to "a single attempt to help us cockpitbuilders" - if Phidgets would be done in a way that could protect our proprietary data, we'd be supporting that too."

That was a reply to angry customers who were posting about thier anger at PMDG for not having an open interface.

Jake.

Matt Olieman

10+ Posting Member

Re: More success.....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveanne View Post
    Had even more success this evening, managed to find out the offset for the AP too:

The offset for the AP (CMD A) is 6226 (0= off 512 = on)

By the way the A/T offset of 621C (0 = off 1 = on)

I have now been able to try it out on my pit, was just trying it out on a Desktop PC before, the pit has a CPFlight MCP (old model, not USB), coupled in along with EFIS, Radios too.

I was a bit worried that even though it all worked on the desktop, as soon as I coupled it up to the MCP it would all go wrong, however I am pleased to say that it works a treat......Yipee!! well done FS2Phidgets and Phidgets of course, at last, something that does what it says on the tin..!!

So now I have phidgets servo's operating both throttles (737NG) and one smaller one operating the "spoiler" as we land, automatically...!! deep joy

Plus I have also configured the Phidgets 0/0/4 relay interface to switch over when the A/T and A/P (COMD A) are selected, thus I can set the throttles for take off maunally, I have made a small loop in the connections so that both the A/T and the A/P need to be on before the Servo's work, therefore only when I have the A/T and the A/P selected, together do the throttles move on their own......Rock-on Tommy..!!!

As you can tell I am very pleased with myself....Yahooooooo!!

I have taken jpeg screen shots of the FS2Phidgets screenshots and congfigurations if anyone is interested, but not quiet sure how to get them on this web site...???

Anyway, must go and complete another circuit of EGCC just to make sure it all works properly, by the way the mock up I have built to test the system hasn't been installed in my present TQ yet, maybe I will have to completely rebuild it from scratch, I hope not, that will take some serious time........again.

Steeverson...? hows your new throttle doing?

Daveanne
    Dave! stop playing with Offsets and get that box painted for the show
    looking forward to seeing your handy work
    see you tomorw night dont forget the booze
    Mark

300+ Forum Addict

Early on, they had planned to make an SDK and sell that, but then changed their minds. Well, partially -- they did do deals with some hardware manufacturers, so that those other companies could make their equipment (eg MCP) work with the PMDG aircraft, but I think the pricing was fairly prohibitive and not everyone took it up. It certainly wasn't a route the normal hobbyist could take.

When I talked to one of the main men in PMDG (now not with them), and tried to persuade them to make it open, their arguments against doing so appeared to be that they didn't want others to make money off their hard work ... I couldn't convince them otherwise, and I did try, several times.

Regards

Pete

150+ Forum Groupie Jake 747 400's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdeponeo View Post
    I dont think you will get very far . As far as I can gather there are no offsets on the PMDG overhead. they used FS offset info only. so if you want the overhead gauges and anunciators to work its a bit tricky.
    Ive been working on a logic controler that looks at 5 FS offsets and produces its own offsets to drive the overhead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfIC...layer_embedded
    shows my overhead in action. is this what you are looking to do?

mark
    Well for the moment just a few basic functions such as the auto throttle arm, F/D on/off a few basic MCP functions, these are for the PMDG 744 fs9 version.
    I dont have an overhead "yet" haha.

Btw your video was fantastic, the sim really looks great.

Thanks,
    Jake.
    Boeing 744ever jakes747sim.webs.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678