Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PMDG Offsets

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Daveanne View Post
    Are you saying that the offsets that i have mentioned in this thread are the FSUIPC offsets for the A/T and A/P switches on the MCP.....?
    Not those in the 6xxx range. The lower numbered offsets, all the way up to 3FFF, are all standard FSUIPC offsets, with the exception of a small block at 04E0-0560 which are Project Magenta, and date back to FS2000 days when most were actual parts of FS itself.

Project Magenta is the only exception in that area because it was developed in those times when the range of values was so restricted. We found that area was unused in FS2000 so used it for PM.

This current thread has some lists, or references to lists elsewhere, which include long-standing known FS / FSUIPC offsets published with full details in the SDK, yet annotated as if they are newly discovered and / or questioned. I was just trying to save folks work in understanding those.

Maybe what is actually meant in these lists is that they may or may not be applicable to the PMDG aircraft, which of course does its own thing in many areas (like the MCP) and so doesn't use FS values in those areas.

Regards

Pete

Lightbulb

Hi,

Why someone does not produce an FSUIPC scanner program?
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    Why someone does not produce an FSUIPC scanner program?
    And what would that do?

Perhaps you've not looked at FSInterrogate?

Regards

Pete

500+ This must be a daytime job kiek's Avatar

Hi guys,

What a struggle for just a few offsets ..., it's a pity that PMDG does not listen to the needs of cockpit builders.

How different is the situation for the Level-D 767 with its SDK. Look how that translates to FSUIPC offsets:

http://www.lekseecon.nl/downloads/le...r%20Manual.pdf

regards,
    Nico Kaan

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Guys, if we were to assume that PMDG wanted to listen to Builders... Perhaps they would raise the price of their software in line to that of project magenta.. then where would we all be?

You may be able to get so far with the PMDG aircraft and no Project Magenta, however I am afraid eventually your going to hit the roadblock that is the end of the road for the PMDG aircraft.

It's just a fact. But please don't let that discourage any of you from trying. Perhaps many just want to add a little bit more realism to their simulator which is PMDG. But for those that are hoping to uncover the Holey Grail, I am sorry, please prepare to be disappointed.

Just my thoughts,

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Guys, if we were to assume that PMDG wanted to listen to Builders... Perhaps they would raise the price of their software in line to that of project magenta..
    Might be that PMDG will do that, but Flight1 did not... The Level-D 767 costs $54,95, SDK included (!) (and my software tools lekseecon and lekyoucon are free).

But for those that are hoping to uncover the Holey Grail, I am sorry, please prepare to be disappointed.
    Indeed, just like my thoughts.

Nico

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

"Toucher" Nico, you are correct, although you can't network the Level D though.. But true enough, they were kind enough to allow such access, and with your software thats a big help to the flight sim community.

So why don't you create a program that will convert FSUIPC Offsets to PMDG language?

ROFL.. Just kidding..

Thanks for your post.

Trev

... although you can't network the Level D though..
    There is no need to. The panel.cfg of Level-D is very flexible (you can create a full Capt and FO flightdeck with it) and with todays cpu's you can run all the Level-D gauges (EHSI, EADI, EICAS, and so on) at one pc, no problem.

Hijacked....?

Sorry folks, but this original thread was all about Motorising TQ's and offsets, now everyone is talking about 767D's and SDK's, give me a break guys, just wanted to share what I had found out...!!

Speaking of such, have now configured the Spoiler/Speedbrakes to automatically work, through another servo on the TQ, getting even better by the day.

I do have one problem, which appears to be a common one with motorised TQ's; the levers are "realy twitchy", but I have noticed that they follow the throttle settings in PMDG exactly, therefore they are twitching too.....! (if you dont believe me whatch the throttle position indicators on the Engine panel or open the TQ graphic in PMDG, the little buggers twitch all over the place).

Had a chat with a 737 pilot, who assures me that the real ones don't do that at all, so does anyone know how to "dampen down" the erratic movements of the throttle leavers in PMDG (737-800), which will, in turn smooth out the servo actions, which quiet rightly mimic the throttle positions in PMDG.

Anyone any ideas?

Daveanne

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Daveanne View Post
    Had a chat with a 737 pilot, who assures me that the real ones don't do that at all, so does anyone know how to "dampen down" the erratic movements of the throttle leavers in PMDG (737-800), which will, in turn smooth out the servo actions, which quiet rightly mimic the throttle positions in PMDG.
    If your interface to the motors is reading from an offset in FSUIPC, you could write a Lua plug-in, saved as "fsready.lua" so it loads automatically when FS is ready, which reads the original offset, manipulates it mathematically in any way you like to smooth it out (some sort of averaging over several past values I should think), and makes it available in a different offset for your interface to read. (For the latter there are offsets available for users from 66C0 to 66FF).

Regards

Pete

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast