Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trh2go

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Trh2go

hello folks im just wondering if i have this set up correctly.
    i have th2go analog, i have the analog series because it was the first one to come out.

my system is E8500 , 9800 gtx+ , gigabyte mb, .

i just bought three 18.5 inch monitors and the max resolutions on each is

1366x768.

it looks great but im wondering why it has a streathed look across the screen.

im going to go to the web site and download any updates that they may have.

i may be doing somthing wrong , its not a bad streach but you can see it.

is that normal.

Thanks...............Robert

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

That is normal. Your cockpit is not created to look right streched across 3 screens. Use FSPanel Studio and fix it.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

10+ Posting Member

2D panels with TH2go

With FSX I have found that 2D cockpit panels will not load if my display is stretched across all 3 (22") monitors... (I have the digital version of Th2go set to 5040 x 1050 resolution) All I get is blank 2D panel window.

I have started FSX using only 2 screens and the panels will appear (a little stretched). If I stretched the display window wider the 2D panel will blank out part way through the 3rd screen. (I assume it is because I am exceeding the allowable display limit for 2D panels).

Kind of limits things to the Virtual Cockpits. Of course some of my favorite aircraft are best used with the 2D panels (ie Majestic Dash .

Was wondering if the panels can be edited with something like FS Panel Studio to display over the three screens?

Rick

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

First off, when you are in the 2D panel window, and it vanishes, then press 'W' and see if you can get it back.

Otherwise, FSPanel Studio should be able to fix it.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

At the time of the development and introduction of the TH2G analog, widescreens were still not yet the norm for display. The analog was not designed for 16:9 or 16:10 ratio screens. What is occuring is that it's forcing a resolution the analog recognises onto your screens, giving a distorted resolution. The matrox site has a list of resolutions what the digital and analog are optimized for. The analog has an add-on utility that can be downloaded from the Matrox site that does add some 16:9/16:10 ratio options to the analog though. You can't do a 16:9 or 16:10 ratio option at your displays native resolution with the analog. The digital version is better suited for newer widescreen display resolutions, but I'm not even sure if it recognises 1366x768 as a native resolution. That's not to say that you can't use the analog with widescreen, it just limits you more and is not optimum. What you're probably experiencing is the distortion difference between what the analog sees 1280x768 and what your display is natively 1366x768. What resolution is the analog registering as? 3840x768? 3840x720 might better suit the aspect ratio of your setup and get rid of most of the ratio distortion. If your screens can lock 1280x720, you should be in good shape. 1366x768 is an aspect ratio of 1.779 and 1280x720 is an aspect ratio of 1.778, so that should fix the distortion issues. If you were using 1280x768 you were experiencing some distortion because of a resolution aspect ratio of 1.667 on 1.778 aspect ratio screens.

Analog supported resolutions: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...solutions.html

To make a long winded explanation short, use 3840x720 instead of 3840x768.

6. Thanks Mr. Midnight thanked for this post

double thank you

thank you for that information, i went to matrox and got that tool and that corrected everything.

change my resolution to 720 and bam , everything was perfect.

i love this site.

Thanks.............Robert

150+ Forum Groupie

Glad it is fixed Robert - what final resolution are you using, and are you using 2D cockpits or Virtual Cockpits?

With 3 19 inch monitors I really like VCs, only switching to 2D when there is a particular switch or meter I want to get a close look at.

--
    Bryn

2 d

Thanks again , i will in the end be using about eight monitors, but for the views i will be using wideview for views.
    the com i just built is a e8500 and right now it will be my main com for now , i will be building another com with the same set up a e8500.

so when all is done i will hav three coms with the exsteme side views running on the e8500.

im saving up now for the fastest chip out when Fs11 comes out and i will be ready for it.

but right now it will be just the e8500 , 9800gtx+ vid card for running FS9 and all of the fixins.

views will be just on the triplehead and my other three monitors will be jus 2D.

and my laptop for running networked software like radar contact , active sky and in the future flight commander.

one thing is that it is nice to turn all of my sliders up and it runs as smooth as a babys but, even with UT, flight enviroment etc.

i have to much invested in fs9 to just throw it away, so i will be patient and get everything i need for FSX/ FS11 to run good also.

once again thanks.....Robert

First off, I apologize for hijacking someone else's thread on my first post to the forum, But I am at work and am hoping to get some advice for a weekend of flight!

I have the TH2GO Digital edition connected to 3 flat panels at a resolution of 1440x900 through my 8800 GTS (640Mb) via DVI. I downloaded the latest SW from matrox to get it running ok. I am in addiditon running another monitor off the second GPU port (analog @ high res).

My first problem is speed. I was getting a solid 20 FPS in FSX acceleration prior to installing the TH2Go, now it is at 5-6. My first thought was to turn off the extra monitor. Any suggestions to bring the spped closer to 17 would be appreciated.

My second problem is with the 2D panel... it won't come up. Pressing W has no affect.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Billy T

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    First off, when you are in the 2D panel window, and it vanishes, then press 'W' and see if you can get it back.

Otherwise, FSPanel Studio should be able to fix it.
    Andy:

To follow up, I tried pressing W etc and it is a no go.... just get a big black area across all three screens. So I suspect I will have to modify the panels sizes using FS Panel.

As the problem is mostly with the main panels that normally display over a full screen width, I am wondering if I want to reduce their display size and maybe even display them as windowed (if I can)?

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast