Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Well with the numerous offers of the old fashioned medication from our builders i'm sure you'll be fit as a fiddle again in no time. Like many of us, nope no order but just to wish you the best recovery.

Geremy
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

500+ This must be a daytime job

Phil

The light panels arrived today, superb product and well packaged. Many thanks indeed. I assume that for the led`s a standard volt drop of 2 volts and current of 20ma should be used for the limiting resistor calcs.

Have you thought about making the red caps for the engine fire handles? These are impossible to source, unless you pay silly money for a commercial item that does not really match the original. It should be possible to laser etch the lettering on a piece of 6m red acrylic, then apply the white paint. I am sure that there should be some interest in this.

Thanks again

Regards

David

3. Thanks phil744 thanked for this post

Hi David,

Glad you got them and im glad you like them, as for the LED spec let me get back to you on that 1, im at work writing this and dont have the info to hand.

As for the Fire handle caps yeah sure those are a walk in the park to produce, i allready do that for the Evac Panels i make, if i had confirmed measurment then yeah sure i can do those.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...1/DSCF1978.jpg

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fordgt40 View Post
    Phil

The light panels arrived today, superb product and well packaged. Many thanks indeed. I assume that for the led`s a standard volt drop of 2 volts and current of 20ma should be used for the limiting resistor calcs.

Have you thought about making the red caps for the engine fire handles? These are impossible to source, unless you pay silly money for a commercial item that does not really match the original. It should be possible to laser etch the lettering on a piece of 6m red acrylic, then apply the white paint. I am sure that there should be some interest in this.

Thanks again

Regards

David

If you're in a hurry, there are three originals from a 727 on e-Bay right now. You could turn the third handle into the APU handle with minimal effort.

And they are the real parts.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carter View Post
    If you're in a hurry, there are three originals from a 727 on e-Bay right now. You could turn the third handle into the APU handle with minimal effort.

And they are the real parts.

But significantly different from 737 and 747 firehandles (which are both slightly different from eachother too). I have 3 original Page firehandles here ( used in 777 and i believe also in 757/767).

Although the dimension of the body (with the mechanical part) is different from the 737 (bigger), I believe the caps of the handles are the same size.

If someone can confirm this (or is interested anyway) i can take the dimensions from those and post them here.

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

Michael

Thanks for the "heads up". I checked them, however, the 727 and early 737 have a more square sized fire handle top and would not suit.

Good suggestion though and thanks again. I will post some diagrams and reference dimensions for Phil later today

Regards

David

150+ Forum Groupie

I believe that the fire handle caps are different between the 737s and 757/767/777.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Star-...SF)/0802250/L/

The above photo shows 767 fire handles. Firstly they are labelled "LEFT" "RIGHT" and "APU" and not "1" "2" "APU". Secondly you cant see the left, right or apu lettering until it lights up.

Glad you are better Phil.
    Tom.

9. Thanks phil744 thanked for this post

Physically the 737 and the 74/76/77 are the same size caps, however they do look different, the 73 is clear red where as the 74>77 are dark in apperence, makes no difference to me, so long as you use a red light source they should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by tomenglish2000 View Post
    I believe that the fire handle caps are different between the 737s and 757/767/777.

The above photo shows 767 fire handles. Firstly they are labelled "LEFT" "RIGHT" and "APU" and not "1" "2" "APU". Secondly you cant see the left, right or apu lettering until it lights up.
    Thats correct....I have 3 of them....see picture below, i was just wondering if the phisical size of the caps is the same.
    The switch underneath the panel definately is not. Its much larger than the switchpart of the 737 which has a trapezoid shape.

great picture you found btw. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phil744 View Post
    Physically the 737 and the 74/76/77 are the same size caps, however they do look different, the 73 is clear red where as the 74>77 are dark in apperence, makes no difference to me, so long as you use a red light source they should be ok
    Here you are Phil:

size taken from the plastic cap with the black coating:

20.45 mm x 50.9 mm

the black coating will take a few hundreds.

Hope this helps a bit.

Stef

www.boeing737ng.com

12. Thanks phil744 thanked for this post

Hmmmm

Cheers Stef

Ok Ok, so not as easy as i thought, well the 767 style are easy to do but for the 737 a little more tricky, with depth laser engraving you lose a lot of resolution on the artwork, so i will have to change the artwork to overcome this and a few other things, basically what ive done for the 737 is engrave to a depth of approx 0.15mm, paint the entire piece white then let it dry then sanded off the excess, the APU has a clear coat on it to bring back the shine and the 2 handle is how it looks after sanding, i know there wrong but its just a quick go, just needs more tweaking to get it right but im sure i can do it,

Stef, these are not done to your measurments, i just took a wild guess on these.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast