Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

DF727, output cards, FSUIPC, etc., etc. Need some info before the next step please.

I've been in communication with Paul Golding the creator of the 727 for Dreamfleet. I don't know what his function is within the company, or how it relates to the aircraft model, but he told me that since the DF727 was not designed with FSUIPC in mind that he doesn't think the program will output lamp indications to FSUIPC for use with an output card for my simulator.

Now, every input command from a switch has so far worked with this model except for the Aileron Hold on the SP-50. Dowson solved that problem with the mouse capture function.

Even though it was not designed with FSUIPC in mind, is it possible that it communicates passively with FSUIPC regardless of their design intentions? What I mean is, I don't think they designed it to intentionally ignore FSUIPC, but if I've had good luck with input commands up until now, doesn't it follow that my luck might hold for output recognition for indicator lamps as well???

Is there any way, short of wasting money on an output card to experiment with (and short of a definitive answer from DF) that I can tell if the 727 is 'talking' to FSUIPC about the state of the indicator lamps.

Gear, flaps, marker beacon, low oil pressure/filter bypass, wind shear, terrain. etc, etc? Is there a way?

Anyone interested in an output card, cheap, down the road in a month or two? Good condition, only one input wired, honest!
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

You could try polling interrupts through FSUIPC. That would tell you instantly. Check with Pete on how do this or if FSUIPC even has the feature built-in.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

I don't know how to do that. I don't even know where to go to do what I don't know how to do.
    Boeing Skunk Works

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

I beleive you can use a built in log to capture what is being communicated between the two, I think Peter states in his instructions, "....be careful as the file can get pretty large..."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Carter View Post
    I've been in communication with Paul Golding the creator of the 727 for Dreamfleet. I don't know what his function is within the company, or how it relates to the aircraft model, but he told me that since the DF727 was not designed with FSUIPC in mind that he doesn't think the program will output lamp indications to FSUIPC for use with an output card for my simulator.

Now, every input command from a switch has so far worked with this model except for the Aileron Hold on the SP-50. Dowson solved that problem with the mouse capture function.

Even though it was not designed with FSUIPC in mind, is it possible that it communicates passively with FSUIPC regardless of their design intentions? What I mean is, I don't think they designed it to intentionally ignore FSUIPC, but if I've had good luck with input commands up until now, doesn't it follow that my luck might hold for output recognition for indicator lamps as well???

Is there any way, short of wasting money on an output card to experiment with (and short of a definitive answer from DF) that I can tell if the 727 is 'talking' to FSUIPC about the state of the indicator lamps.

Gear, flaps, marker beacon, low oil pressure/filter bypass, wind shear, terrain. etc, etc? Is there a way?

Anyone interested in an output card, cheap, down the road in a month or two? Good condition, only one input wired, honest!
    I assume you are talking about OC Output card? If so are you using SIOC? If this is the case cant you just take the condition of an input switch and based on that set a variable that activates an output? This is what I am planning to do for Learjet anyway.

Michael I am not in front of my sim computer but in FSUIPC, under one of the headers is a bar called "event log " (maybe) and then tick the box, attempt what you need,stop and read the file...... hope that helps.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Simply put,
    You read the event log and then activate or de-activate the lights based on the current switch position.

The log will get really huge over the course of a flight so you need a way to just read the offsets and see what position they are in and program accordingly thru SOIC.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

XOrion, I don't have anything from OC yet, or any output card yet. I've been afraid to buy one since I don't know if it will work and I don't know how to tell beforehand if it will.

All of my currently working indicators are mechanically actuated by multiple-pole switches. Rather hard to accomplish though with a marker beacon.

ak49er, I'll look into that the next time the sim is up, tomorrow. I was under the impression that it only recorded actions such as a switch being used or a pot being moved. I did not know it would look for passive outputs from the sim. Is that right?
    Boeing Skunk Works