Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A few problems with rudder pedals, FSUIPC, BU0836

Hi there, firstly hope u all had a good xmas and a good new year, so lets get the 2009 questions rolling! lol

Ok, so last night i finnished the first phase of my project, i have my panel up and running, i have my switch pannel, throttle quadrant, flaps and yoke all housed into my MCP for my C182, everything exept the yoke is wired to Leo Bodnars BU0836 everything works brilliantly to my amazement, all throttle levers works, all switches work, flaps work, so im amazed that a begginer like me can produce something like this, but when it come to assigning toggle switches on FS2004 to my actual physical switches on the board, i can assign and select every switch but for some reason PITOT HEAT wont toggle it will toggle ON and ON only, ive tried all possible pitot heat commands, ive tested the switch in control panel and it works fine but pitot heat just wont work it will only turn on, and it wont toggle like all the switches, is there something im doing wrong?

Secondly my gameport ch rudder pedals which i use with a usb adapter works fine, but the rudder pedals are so sensitive, how do i change the sensitivity, because settings on FS2004 doesnt seems to change much, and i dont know if i should change settings for rudder pedals on FSUIPC or on FS2004?

Push the left pedal you go right, push the right pedal you go left? yeah?

but when i push the pedals left or right the plane sure does go left and right but its out of control and i cant seem to fly in a straight line just by making small adjustments because the pedals are so sensitive?

Does anyone have any ideas or settings i can use?

Cheers for the help, and i will post pics of my project so far!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

The first idea that strikes me is to reverse your rudder pedal command. To go left, you push the left pedal, to go right, push the right pedal.

Second, what sort of toggle switch are you using for the pitot heat? Electrically speaking.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Reply!

Hi, im just using a simple push switch (non latching) SPST.

Reverse tick box.....(why didnt i think of that?)

But how do you control the sensitivity? on my pedals i just have simple left and right, but i dont understand how to find good settings for the pedals, i dont understand what it means by null zones etc? what does a high null zone setting do compared to a low null zone etc?

Cheers michael for all your help...

How much you have to push before the rudder starts.

Try deleting the assingment in FSUIPC and use FS only with reduced sensitivity and a wider null zone.

Or try FSUIPC only. You can't have an axis assigned to two different programs. They'll play havoc with one another fighting for control of the axis.

I don't know what to tell you about the pitot heat switch. Have you tried a toggle? I never have seen a pushbutton in a 182 except on the radio panel.
    Boeing Skunk Works

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

5. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post

Cheers michael!

Cheers for the reply!

Hi there, your right about the push button / toggle thing, there are no push buttons on the the 182 and they only use toggle switches, but i had about 20 of these really nice push buttons doing nothing sitting in my bits and bobs box and thought that they would make a nice alternative! and work brill.

As for the pedals i have a play about with the settings and the null zone and ive made them really good now thanks to your help!

Im sorry that all my questions are real basic but i really am a newby to sim building.

But im getting there pal !

Cheers michael, you saved the day.....again!

Alex

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Alex, Just make sure that you do not have the peddles assigned in flightsim and FSUIPC.

Only have them assigned in one of the places. I suggest fsuipc, but thats just my opinion.

Trev

8. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post

Thanks Trevor!

Thanks for the advice!

I think i will go for FSUIPC for settings rather than FS controls.

You just get a little more control.

Thanks!

Alex

AP08

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

I just went thru this with my pedals again.
    Make sure you erase all settings in FS and only use FSUIPC to set your hardware.

The beacon and pitot can only be correctly assigned through FSUIPC, and it can be a button or a switch.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

And then double check the FS hasn't automatically re-assigned them. It's happened before.
    Boeing Skunk Works