Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Computer audio splitters question.

Hi all, I have currently a standard audio splitter that goes into the audio output on the back of my PC that creates 2 audio inputs for now my headphones and my aura shaker. That's great, however is there anything out there that can be used for the PC that makes more than 2 outputs or is it not physically possible to do this.

I have done some searching on google and nothing has come up that i can use for the PC. Ideally i need 4 outputs.

I was also thinking can you layer the splitters (Eg. a 2 way splitter plugged into a 2 way splitter?)

I know it's not strictly cockpit building related, but does anyone know about this or have a solution. Otherwise i won't be able to use my force feedback, speaker seat covers.

Kind regards,
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Hi There, you could replace your soundcard with a soundblaster live card or some equal equivalent, they have four outputs and I believe you can manipulate them using the software.

It may solve your problem.

cheers

Dave.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

First of all, those are outputs not inputs. Second, if you can run that output into a line-level input in a stereo receiver you will probably have at least two sets of stereo speaker outputs, more if it's a home theatre receiver.

In addition, you will have headset output as well. Many receivers today will allow the headset to function while the speakers are also going. Some have a switch to control this. Hook up your seat shaker to the sub outs.

Quote Originally Posted by 737 Gez View Post
    Hi all, I have currently a standard audio splitter that goes into the audio output on the back of my PC that creates 2 audio inputs for now my headphones and my aura shaker. That's great, however is there anything out there that can be used for the PC that makes more than 2 outputs or is it not physically possible to do this.

I have done some searching on google and nothing has come up that i can use for the PC. Ideally i need 4 outputs.

I was also thinking can you layer the splitters (Eg. a 2 way splitter plugged into a 2 way splitter?)

I know it's not strictly cockpit building related, but does anyone know about this or have a solution. Otherwise i won't be able to use my force feedback, speaker seat covers.

Kind regards,
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!