Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How to set up 2 pcs?

Hey Gents,

Is it a relatively simple process to hook up another computer to assist with sim views? I have a decent laptop I'd like to assign my 2d cockpit view to and then run my external view on my home pc's monitor (using that pc's video card).

Is this a difficult process?

If not, can one of you kind gents provide this newbie with a step by step instruction?

Many thanks.
    "The clueless newb of today is the seasoned loyal pilot of tomorrow." -Elchitz

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey There.

You will need to network the two pc's with a Switch or a crossover network cable.

Once you do this you will need to Register FSUIPC, and Wide Client, as well as a program called WideView.

You will install Flightsimulator on both computers and wideview will look after the rest.

Trev

Thanks Trevor,

I'm curious--what should I expect of the performance in such a configuration? Would you think the performance/frame rates would be less while running two monitiors, or the same, given that each monitor is being run by it's own pc/video card/RAM/etc?
    "The clueless newb of today is the seasoned loyal pilot of tomorrow." -Elchitz

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

I havent had much experience with Wideview... But My sim curently runs on 6 PC's I can tell you that depending on what you want your setup to do and the software you are running, it all depends.

Some guys running the PMDG 737 are having successful results with one computer.

If your main computer is slow, and your hoping that adding a second computer will run flightsim better, don't be surprised if you notice no difference. Generally we network multiple computers to span different views, or when running many different software add-ons.

Just my thoughts, but give it a go and see for yourself.

Trev

[QUOTE=Trevor Hale;72174]I havent had much experience with Wideview... But My sim curently runs on 6 PC's I can tell you that depending on what you want your setup to do and the software you are running, it all depends.

Some guys running the PMDG 737 are having successful results with one computer.

If your main computer is slow, and your hoping that adding a second computer will run flightsim better, don't be surprised if you notice no difference. Generally we network multiple computers to span different views, or when running many different software add-ons.

I guess I'm not looking at it in as an attempt to improve the performance per se...instead, I see the advantage of using two monitors but I'm hoping it won't cost me in terms of performance.

Btw, both my computers are comparable in terms of performance/capability.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wideview, was the only acceptable solution, for multi views, before the TH2G.

With wideview, when you have some clouds in external views and the cockpit is has 3 outside views, the clouds are different between the different pcs.
    ie: if we have one big cloud in the front view monitor and does not fit in this view, but needs to exceed to left view also, in this left view maybe there is no cloud there, or it is another one. This is normal, because the left view, is generated from another Fs machine, than the front view.
    The same problem appears with AI traffic.
    (All these issues, i saw them in a friend, before years ago, more than 3-4 years, so i don't know if today a newer wideview version fix them)

Today, it`s better to use a DualHead2Go, or a TripleHead2Go from Matrox and have your notebook working for other programs, like weather, squawkbox/fsinn, servinfo/vroute, charts, etc

regards

Eddie