Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Project Magenta pmsystems question

Hi,

Does the pmoffsets actually sets the offsets of the FS or it is only eyecandy?

I mean, when the fltcontol A is off from the pmsystems makes also all the systems that take pressure from A to be off?

Does anyone know?
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

Hi Achilles,

if I´m not mistaking FS has no real system simulation built in therefor pmsystems was developed. PMsystems simulates more or less the aircraft systems what FS can´t do. Fs deliveres mainly the flight dynamics and the rest comes from PM. To answer to your specific question - I don´t know - but probably the PM staff may answer to this or you take a look into PMsystems logic file.

Happy NEW YEAR to you and best regards

Peter

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    Does the pmoffsets actually sets the offsets of the FS or it is only eyecandy?
    Depends on the logic in the PMSystems logic file. The 737NG oine is the most developed, and can (possibly optionally) make use of the facilities in FSUIPC to inhibit some FS subsystems -- especially those dependent upon hydraulics and electrics.

The programs written separately by Thomas Richter (see http://www.technical-service-richter.com/) enhance pmSystems capabilities substantially in some areas.

Since much of the logic of pmSystems is exposed in ordinary editable text files, anyone can develop their own extensions to make the various aspects more, or less, realistic, to suit their own cockpit installations. I think that is the point, really.

FS itself implements very little of any of the stuff pmSystems is concerned with, so some of its logic will be purtely internal. Only when settings definitely affect the flight operations in FS will there be interaction with true FS-affecting offsets.

I mean, when the fltcontol A is off from the pmsystems makes also all the systems that take pressure from A to be off?
    Isn't that switch only concerned with the rudder control -- standby or normal or otherwise? It is certainly possibly to prevent rudder operation if this is appropriate. I don't think the current 737NG logic file does much with the switch other than light the appropriate warnings.

Regards

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    Isn't that switch only concerned with the rudder control -- standby or normal or otherwise? It is certainly possibly to prevent rudder operation if this is appropriate. I don't think the current 737NG logic file does much with the switch other than light the appropriate warnings.
    Hi Pete,

That was my point. I have many 737 tecnhical books and the pm logics (inside .txt file) seems to be only eye candy for the led's. Either Thomas software does not implement electrics or hydralics.

I started the implementation's of those systems 2 months ago using VB (it is impossible from pmsystems logics) and I will need more that 1 year to finish the most of the parts but only for FSX because it actually uses more extra systems than FS9 like pneumatic_system, pressurization, vacuum_system, gpws systems.

Does all those systems supported by fsuipc offsets yet or I have to program also throu simconnect?
    With best regards,
    Achilles

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    H
    That was my point. I have many 737 tecnhical books and the pm logics (inside .txt file) seems to be only eye candy for the led's. Either Thomas software does not implement electrics or hydralics.
    On the contrary, on my cockpit the controls are ineffective with no pressure, the brakes don't work when the brake pressure is low, the electrical current drawn varies according to what I'm using and I have to take care to start the APU or get ground power when the engine generators aren't supplying, and so on.

I started the implementation's of those systems 2 months ago using VB (it is impossible from pmsystems logics)
    Why do you think that? pmSystems logic does have full access. It's only weakness is timing. Being an interpreted language makes it a little slower, especially being written in VB too.

These days it would be possible do implement complete subsystems in Lua, as plugins to FSUIPC. No one yet seems to be taking advantage of the built-in programming facilities I now provide, but being in-process within FS does give them a lot of speed and access advantage.

Does all those systems supported by fsuipc offsets yet or I have to program also throu simconnect?
    What parts do you think FSX provides? What is there provided in SimConnect you need not already in FSUIPC? Use SimConnect if you are only concerned with FSX. FSUIPC uses SimConnect in any case.

However, I'm thinking you are forgetting that it is YOU who will have to simulate those systems, because FS does not. That's the whole point of your first question, surely?

Regards

Pete

On the contrary, on my cockpit the controls are ineffective with no pressure, the brakes don't work when the brake pressure is low, the electrical current drawn varies according to what I'm using and I have to take care to start the APU or get ground power when the engine generators aren't supplying, and so on.
    Fon now, if you start the engine then the hydralic pressure is avaliable to all systems without any involvement from the flt contol panel. That is what I want to implement at this section

Why do you think that? pmSystems logic does have full access. It's only weakness is timing. Being an interpreted language makes it a little slower, especially being written in VB too.
    Yes, but what if all the logics are inside the vb and not inside the pmsystems using only the offsets of pmsystems? I think then there is no delay.

These days it would be possible do implement complete subsystems in Lua, as plugins to FSUIPC. No one yet seems to be taking advantage of the built-in programming facilities I now provide, but being in-process within FS does give them a lot of speed and access advantage.
    Not a change to take a look at Lua. Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

What parts do you think FSX provides? What is there provided in SimConnect you need not already in FSUIPC? Use SimConnect if you are only concerned with FSX. FSUIPC uses SimConnect in any case.
    I proceed step by step so I do not know yet if I found any gap ( I believe not). But in any case you are around to help as always.

However, I'm thinking you are forgetting that it is YOU who will have to simulate those systems, because FS does not. That's the whole point of your first question, surely?
    Yes. I want to simulate all the systems in depth using also the subsystems of FS and not only leds as pmsystems do with the default logic files.
    With best regards,
    Achilles