Thread: FSPassengers X

500+ This must be a daytime job
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSPassengers X

Hey Everyone,

For those of you who have been waiting for FS Passengers program to be made available for FSX (like me), the new program is now out as of December 22, 2008. I used FS9 version and thought it was an added plus, but I'm looking forward to installing it for FSX.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.fspassengers.com/

John

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

From what I've read about the FS9 version, it was always like Big Brother watching over your shoulder.

No Captain's Descretion what so ever. I've seen the reports. Some from just crappy pilots, but others with legitimate deviations and other circumstances that the program cannot take into consideration. I know this from real-time ACARS flight reports from within the airline. The flight paths and flight data were also recorded on Google Earth for analysis. I was the CEO of Air France for quite some time and I've seen a lot of good pilots and I've seen some that should delete FS from their computer and never touch an FS again.

Wind shear, gust, an unexpected go-around, a missed approach due to WX, or mechanical failure, can all ding you for a legitemate problem. The list is long.

When I fly, I know when I do it right, and I know when I've screwed up. I don't need a program telling me I have without considering the circumstances.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hopefully things have gotten better?

Hopefully, they have fixed some things since FS9, but I have yet to check it out. I just downloaded the new demo version so I can look into it. You're right about the FS9 version, there are things that didn't fly right (pun intended).

However, I mainly liked it for the cabin immersion factor. The flight attendant and passenger voice/wave files, etc. For the most part these played on the correct cues...

John

The cabin crew and announcements would be cool.

I had that in my 727 from a freeware program at AVSIM, and then downloaded it again to my newest FS PC, but I forgot how to install it.
    Boeing Skunk Works

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Now it says I can load this for any plane, how do you think it will get on with my Christmas pressie.... the Hawker Hunter

Always room in the bomb bay, hehe.

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

Michael you were CEO for AIR FRANCE?

Tim

Yes, I started as a pilot for Delta, and when the owner of Delta wanted to start an overseas airline he chose Air France. I started as the CP for the 727 program, and eventually moved up.

It wasn't going anywhere though with only a couple of hundred pilots and fraudulent flight plans filed. There were maybe 25-30 pilots actively flying. I tried for two years to increase membership, but it wasn't happening.

The biggest reasons I think were that European pilots were under the inpression it was really based in France and not the US, and the US pilots didn't want to fly European routes. They also didn't like some of the flight rules and considered sloppy flying the norm.

This was supposed to be more of an adult VA and we took our flying a bit more seriously than most were up to. It started out with adults, but ended up being just another kiddie airline for the arcade crowd.

The Google Earth ACARS was a powerful program. We could tell if the procedures were flown correctly, landing speeds and pitch, flap schedules, fuel aboard, altitudes flown, airways selected and so on. It was a custom application written by the owner of the airlines. The guy was a wiz.
    Boeing Skunk Works