Thread: MS MegaEarth

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

MS MegaEarth

Hi guys

I had been following closely to see what PC Aviator's 'Big Secret' was for about 2 months and yesterday it was revealed. You can read all about it at http://www.megasceneryearth.com/home.htm and http://www.megasceneryearth.com/maps/html/USAMaster.htm .

I wanted to post some very quick and dirty shots of it here. Admittedly, Ive only flown to about 2000' AGL, staying right around the airport area of KCOS (Colorado Springs) but Im very impressed. Later today when I get some more time I will test it again at much higher altitudes. I only bought the one tile (out of 13 available for the area) to test it, but if the majority of them look this good then they will have themselves a very good business.

The first shot I took, and the best

Try to ignor the blasted cloud growing out of the ground and notice the over all clarity of the scenery at a low altitude

A quick shot towards the mountain range

...and notice the taxiway alignment here. Decent considering it's over a photo-

All in all, it's expensive to imagine doing very many large areas but I believe that if someone wanted to get several areas for just their favorite cities/regions then it would be worth it if the tiles were good for that area.

You may be wondering why would someone use this vs. Tile Proxy, which is free? Well, I love Tile Proxy but I dont like having no AutoGen and I also dont like having no night textures. With MegaScenery Mega Earth, you get night textures and AutoGen, but no seasons.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

2. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Cool

Thanks Eric. I will have to download some and try them tonight!

75+ Posting Member

It looks ok at some locations but I've seen some screenshots of other locations were the colour is just plain terrible.
    Although it's not finalised yet I think Orbix will be a much better alternative when it's released.
    http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index....69.0;topicseen
    They are starting with PNE and if it turns out anything like their Australian areas it will be a stunner.

Merry Christmas to Everyone

Paul

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Hi Paul

I think that in many ways Orbx will be better, but there's just something about being able to see all the real features exactly where they are and just like they are. Of course, that comes with a price and you mentioned part of it. I bet that in 5 years we will think that FSX looks horrible compared to what we will have access to as a sim! Let's hope so!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

75+ Posting Member

Yes mate,
    It only seems like yesterday when we were flying with wireframe scenery.
    In 5 years who knows what we'll have.
    I may even have my cockpit in a state that I can use
    On another note,it's christmas evening here now and I've stuffed myself with all the usual xmas goodies and feel about 10 kg heavier, it's humid and temp was about 30C I just saw warvet's photos on another thread and the snow looks just great,really is something like a white christmas
    I remember as a kid back in Scotland running around loving it.

cheers

Paul