Thread: New member :)

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New member :)

Hi, I'm Nikola Jovanovic from Belgrade age 19

I'm intending to start build cockpit...there is a little problem with money, but I'm planning to do that step by step...
    I don't want to do with 737NG or A320 because most home cockpit are that type... I want B744 or MD-11 cockpit, but I have problem with parts...most companies makes components for 737 and A320...I can't find much for other aircrafts...
    Please some advice from wich part to start...and where to look for parts.
    Thanks

300+ Forum Addict

Welcome to MyCockpit, Nikola.

A partial solution to money problems and scarce parts is to make most of the simulator parts yourself. I think there is great satisfaction in building even if my results aren't as perfect as the purchased items. I suggest building those items first which will get you "flying" as soon as possible. It's always nice to have an at least partially operating simulator to remind you why you're building things. So, perhaps start with a yoke then move on to a throttle quad or a set of pedals.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Powell View Post
    Welcome to MyCockpit, Nikola.

A partial solution to money problems and scarce parts is to make most of the simulator parts yourself. I think there is great satisfaction in building even if my results aren't as perfect as the purchased items. I suggest building those items first which will get you "flying" as soon as possible. It's always nice to have an at least partially operating simulator to remind you why you're building things. So, perhaps start with a yoke then move on to a throttle quad or a set of pedals.
    that's true...that is the most satisfaction when make parts all alone I'll keep that in mind... I thought about it, and it's not too hard to make some of it...I can't say that I'm good in electronic, and I must buy some elctronic

For now, I have saitek gear: Joustick, throttle quad. and pedals It's really good expirience, but I fly 10 years, and finally, I'm ready to do something more and to improve my envirnoment It's unique feeling when you can press every button and switch for real..when you turn on power and see al that lights
    I intent first to make some universal MCP... for B737/B747....it's quite same
    I'm thinking about MD-11, but I can't find anything about Md-11 home built cockpits, and for now have to do with boeing And I have to find some clear space to put all stuff on it

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for aswer, I saw MCP pro, and I'll probably buy it for few days
    I saw most of this pictures earlier...but that don't give me anything about scale....I want 1:1 frame replica... I saw that you made it with wood, and I found that is very cheap option, so I intent to do same...I need some blueprints or something like that cause I don't have access to real cockpit

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Lacking any sort of drawings or another builder building the same type, photos and a few pieces of real equipment can go a long way to scale the size correctly.

Start searching e-Bay for a few parts so you have a reference for the rest that you want to build. Save your sellers and searches and check them often. There are a lot of used aircraft parts dealers on e-Bay. You just need to look often so you don't miss anything you might need.

Good luck with your build.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!