Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member :)

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hm...that is the problem...You're wright , I don't whant to give 500E for something that don;t work with my sim Are there any MCP product that is compatible with PMDG products, or I must have that mysteriously drivers?

Boeing 777 Builder

For full size and full functionality I would recommend the Opencockpit version of the 737 MCP. And it's just 280 Euro.

Also, I'm not sure how much functionality the Flight1 MD-11 has but it appears to be very realistic and combined with FSUIPC's mouse-trapping function you could get most functions realistic.

I think the challenge of building something non-standard offers a huge degree of satisfaction (as well as frustration!).

Just a thought.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

10+ Posting Member

what do you think about buying open cockpit master card and display card and to start building by myself ? do you have some expirience with that hardware? If I use it, what software I need? It is not to expensive... I need 200E, and I have much more space for later upgrading because I wouldn't use all 72 input, and I can set 4 master cards on my PC...that gives me lot of space. I have read that I can set display card on Master card and use 16 7-segment displays...ideal for MCP...I can made fully functional and realistic MD-11 MCP in 1:1 size on that way? And again, I don't understand clearly can I on this way map PMDG MD-11 comands, or I have to use that software you tell me...if I have to use it, plase some link where I can buy it

Boeing 777 Builder

Yes Nikola you could build the MCP yourself as you suggest but be prepared for a lot of work! I bought the pre-built model as it was only a little more expensive. There is a really good tutorial on how to do this HERE.

I have most of the Opencockpit hardware and I've just finished building the avionics stack comprising 2 x Comm, 2 x Nav, 1 x ADF & 1 x XPDR. It's a **** of a lot of work but well worth it. Have a look at my website for instructions on how to build the Comm panel. Later I will be putting together a complete tutorial on building all these units. This should give you an idea of the scale of work required and whether it's something you could undertake. The software you will need for the Opencockpit hardware is SIOC and is free from the Opencockpit website. You will need to do a lot of research on how to use this though as instructions for most OC gear is very limited, and mostly in Spanish. For an introduction to OC hardware have a look HERE.

I don't know enough about the PMDG MD-11 to answer your other questions but if the MD-11 is anything like their 737/747 then you will be able to map commands to the OC hardware. You will need to do a lot of reading and researching before you start but it's certainly possible to do as you ask.

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

10+ Posting Member

I definitely going to buy master card and other stuff...
    I have seen your website and manuals... It's great...
    I know how to made printed circuit board, but I don't have any expirience with building a front cower with engraved text and with nightlighting...I like it very much, but I don't understand very well wich material you used, where I can buy it, how to engrave text and cut panel on proper measurements?

Boeing 777 Builder

Nikola, I wouldn't bother making the panel, purchase the laser etched panel from OC HERE. It's cost you 56 Euros but well worth it. To make it yourself you would need either a CNC or laser cutting machine, both white and clear acrylic sheeting for the main and backing panels and Boeing gray paint.

Ken.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    it's certainly possible to do as you ask.
    ...but I thought it was not possible to get the digits out from the PMDG 737/747 to display on the MCP because many of the necessary interface parameters are not published (as recently noted by Ian and Kiek), unless the large expense of the Project Magenta software is thrown in! Even Peter Dowson's FSUIPC mousetrapping is not going to get digits or annunciator states out. And the situation would not be any better for the MD11.

I may be completely wrong, so please put me right if I am

--
    Bryn

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by brynjames View Post
    ...but I thought it was not possible to get the digits out from the PMDG 737/747 to display on the MCP because many of the necessary interface parameters are not published (as recently noted by Ian and Kiek), unless the large expense of the Project Magenta software is thrown in! Even Peter Dowson's FSUIPC mousetrapping is not going to get digits or annunciator states out. And the situation would not be any better for the MD11.

I may be completely wrong, so please put me right if I am

--
    Bryn
    What software you're using for your simulator, I meen FS addon?

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Bryn,

I'm not exactly sure what the stated problem is as the OC MCP certainly has SIOC files for the PMDG aircraft. Isn't it just using standard FS output for digit display eg. Altitude and Speed of aircraft etc.? I've flown Westozy's PMDG 737 using the CPFlight MCP and all functions work perfectly. As for annunciator states, that's another story, but you could program this in SIOC after some serious systems analysis.

I'm not totally familiar with the PMDG aircraft and I would certainly bow to the likes of Ian and Nico as to details. As I said, given that many of the PMDG functions being mapped to key strokes it's possible to get many things active via hardware but as for specifics you would have to try it out but I'm only talking about input states like switch actions and pushbutton etc, not output functions like warning lights. Of course the MD-11 may well be a different beast altogether.

Ken.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Hi Bryn,

I'm not exactly sure what the stated problem is as the OC MCP certainly has SIOC files for the PMDG aircraft. Isn't it just using standard FS output for digit display eg. Altitude and Speed of aircraft etc.? I've flown Westozy's PMDG 737 using the CPFlight MCP and all functions work perfectly. As for annunciator states, that's another story, but you could program this in SIOC after some serious systems analysis.

I'm not totally familiar with the PMDG aircraft and I would certainly bow to the likes of Ian and Nico as to details. As I said, given that many of the PMDG functions being mapped to key strokes it's possible to get many things active via hardware but as for specifics you would have to try it out but I'm only talking about input states like switch actions and pushbutton etc, not output functions like warning lights. Of course the MD-11 may well be a different beast altogether.

Ken.
    what software you use intead PMDG?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast