Thread: project update

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

project update

well boys,at last ive wired in the pots and connected the throttle levers to the phidget card,after some fine tuning,it works like a dream and makes a big difference on flying the old bird,all ive got to do now is add in some damping to get the feel right,any ideas on how the real ones connected up feel?the cables on my tq were disconnected six years ago,so ive no idea on how they used to move or more to the point how much force it took to move them,i think three to five pounds does it,but any help would be gratefully received,even from you airbus jockeys lol
    cheers boys
    steve

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

It's amazing the difference it makes, when you've got a throttle levers working or adding flap levers etc. Makes you feel like you're really flying

Congratulations Steve .... keep up the good work.......

75+ Posting Member

thanks for the kind works matt,

thanks for the kind words matt,like you say its great to get the main aircraft controls working,just the reversers to do now,and i think i will just wire one pot in and pull both reverser actions from that,i dont think i real like any pilot would ever use just one reverser,but i may be corrected,??!!!!!
    another thing is to syc the throttles as sometimes they are a percent or so out,but i suppose again on the real aircraft this would be the same as well,unless computers correct the imbalance,as on the 777
    this all seems along way from the 5 years ive been working on the project now,and the first sight of the not cut down front end of a 737/200 that was being lowered on to the drive,a look up to the bedroom window confirmed my wife was some what surprised at how big the pit was???!!!!! i worked that one out from the amount of swearing she was doing,??!!!!!,but in my darkest hour and after trying to cut my own leg off with an angle grinder with a disc that cut through my right knee cap,she kept me going,after putting the flames out and saying"can you smell burning?"
    ive just had the all clear after a health scare so its full steam ahead now,and the visuals done just after christmas,
    after wiring all the tq lights ect in,
    bye for now,
    steve

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Steve! Man this is great to hear! Do you have a web site, or some pics? Would love to see a few more! Your work is an inspiration to others! I can not STRESS the importance of being able to fly your sim while you work on it!!!

Pics

One day I'll take soem pictures of Steve's sim, I'm sure. Must be awesome.
    Kester Meijer
    http://www.mycockpit.nl - to see my cockpit construction
    Certified De-Ice Supervisor EHAM

75+ Posting Member

i never tire of flying the old girl,

hi guys,
    thanks to all for the comments,i think bob is right you do have to fly or whats the point?today ive done four hours pit work and an hour and a half of flying,thats my reward for the graffting,im pretty good at making brackets and solving the connecting of sliders ect but not so good at the computer side,but i learn something new everyday ,im getting a new digi cam soon and will start a nice stream of pics,so you can see how im doing,
    one things for certain though i never tire of flying the old girl,#
    some info,my airframe was grounded in canada,in 1999 due to dubious servicing by taesa,im told lots of their aircraft were held and they ran out of money within ten days,,in 2001 she was flown to england and her engines were removed and serviced and sent to sweden on the wings of another 737,she was then cut up and the cockpit section was moved to alton in hampshire,after a year there,i caught up with her and the rest is history,
    im not able to have a speed boat or caravanon my drive due to the deeds for the house,but i was reported and when the visit came i said "it never mentioned an airplane,"??!!!!!!the officals had to agree and after i told them of my plans,they all want a flight when its completed,should have seen their faces though lol and old XA-PBA still flys today,
    cheers
    boys,
    steve

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Ok Steve.... now since we got the Gallery going.... let's see some photo's

It's exciting to hear about projects being put together.... I look forward to get mine back together again