25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cool PMDG and Pmsystems

Hi there im using PMDG and I just installed pmsystems, works great but not together, so i`m trying to locate the Thomas Richter .logical files and air files needed to run PMDG with Pmsystems...any help offered is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

You are using the panel.cfg of the pmdg. Open it, delete everything and save it. Youl panel.cfg must be empty.

Quote Originally Posted by kenlie_no View Post
    Hi there im using PMDG and I just installed pmsystems, works great but not together, so i`m trying to locate the Thomas Richter .logical files and air files needed to run PMDG with Pmsystems...any help offered is greatly appreciated!
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

25+ Posting Member

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    Hi,

You are using the panel.cfg of the pmdg. Open it, delete everything and save it. Youl panel.cfg must be empty.

Ok but i am in troubble then because i`m using the undocked PFD and ND from the PMDG .

isnt there a way to only remover overhed LOGIC?

Hi,

I did not try. Delete the overhead section from panel.cfg.

But, I think that will never work because pmdg uses internal offsets and overhead must be tied with main panel gauges.

Ok but i am in troubble then because i`m using the undocked PFD and ND from the PMDG .

With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

I agree with Achillies.. I think your euchered. PMDG requires it's own overhead to function.. Most of us only use the PMDG for the .air file and the MDL, for the flight model. Everything else is tossed in the rubbish.

Look at it on the bright side though. Your 1/4 of the way to your full Project Magenta suite

Trev

25+ Posting Member

Unhappy giving up!

Yes agree ,or trying really hard to agree full suite is what I`m aiming for but the price.........ok I’m going for it checking out at PM site now, tx for all the help

500+ This must be a daytime job

PMDG, PMsystems and PM questions

Well, I wasn't sure where to post this, so since the discussion here is about PMSystems, PM and PMDG, I have some questions.

Here it goes:

1. If I'm using PMDG 737-700 model in FSX, I do not have Yaw Dampner control. I have it programmed in FSUIPC and it's not working and I tried going through button assigments in FSX. However, if I use the default 737-800 I have Yaw Dampner (with both/either or FSUIPC and Button Assigments). So, my question is once PMsystems is running and I'm using Flight Deck Solutions Overhead, can I expect that Yaw Dampner to work correctly (while still using PMDG)? If someone here is using all PM, PMDG, and FDS Items please let me know...

2. I'm not sure about this one, but when I'm descending down and slowing up to start dropping the flaps, I'll set speeds in the speed window of FDS MCP. But, when I set it to 180/170 or 160 and drop flaps down to 15 (where I could go down to Flaps 30), the speed in the PFD goes to something else like 178/189. I am using the PM CDU and the PM 737-700 aircraft.cfg file. Thus, why would the speed change and not be changable until I reset the speed back down? Is there something I'm missing here regarding flaps and the MCP usage? Oh, I do have Limit MCP Speeds on, but where do the flap limit speeds come from in this mode; are they from the CDU Aircraft.cfg (txt) file flap speeds?

3. This is not related to PM, but a general question about auto-tuning of radios. I'm using two GoFlight GF-166A's and if I wanted to do an autoland, the nav 1 is following the CDU presettings, but how can I get the Nav 2 to set itself to the ILS freq (or same ILS freq as Nav 1)? Currently, if Nav 1 auto-tunes to ILS freq and if I had the Nav 2 set already, it will change to a totally different freq. So, I have to keep the ILS in the Nav 2 in standyby, and then when Nav 1 auto-tunes, I have to bring the ILS freq out of standby for NAV 2. Try doing that when you're on final and doing everything else, and then you realize Nav 2 is not tuned when you push APP and waiting for the CMD to lock on out of Single Channel... By the way, I do have Auto-tune Navs On and Auto Set ILS Loc in the PM CDU Settings pages.

Thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by jkcombs View Post
    1. If I'm using PMDG 737-700 model in FSX, I do not have Yaw Dampner control. I have it programmed in FSUIPC and it's not working and I tried going through button assigments in FSX.
    Strange. I use the PMDG 737-700 in FSX and I most certainly have a working Yaw Damper. How are you telling it isn't working?

Check the Aircraft.CFG file, [autopilot] section. There should be line there like this:

yaw_damper_gain=1.000000

If that is missing, or the number is wrong, fix it.

Note that the yaw damper control function itself might be disabled by pmSystems or another cockpit program if the conditions aren't set for it to engage in any case. Doesn't it need hydraulic pressure or something similar? (Sorry, I cannot recall what system the YD operates from at present).

... can I expect that Yaw Dampner to work correctly (while still using PMDG)?
    Nothing external to FSX will fix a yaw damper if it has been removed from the model which FSX is using. It is a built-in function of FS. With only FSX running and the PMDG 737 loaded, no other programs running, does the YD engage using the normal FS controls? Without instrumentation how are you determining this? Maybe it is the indication which is missing, not the function? Monitor the YD offset in FSUIPC's Logging tab (right-hand side) -- it is offset 0808, type U32, zero if off, 1 if on

Regards

Pete

YD

Peter,

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm looking at the PFD in Project Mangenta on a client machine (WideFS 6.7). I would usually see the "YD" indication I when turned it on.

I can tell you that for some reason yaw_damper_gain=1.000000 was at gain=0.000000, so I changed it to what you suggested and wa-la it's working!

I have no idea why the gain value was wrong, I did not manipulate it for any reason in the aircraft.cfg file...

Oh, I really like the logging function you made, where I was able to see the logging at the top of the FS frame window... that is some slick programming, awesome!

Do you have any ideas about the auto-tune of Nav 1 and Nav 2 radios, or anyone else using GoFlight radios with a suggestion?

Thanks again,

John