Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Following along...

Jonathan and Ray,

I've been following this thread along and I'm just curious to ask this question because of another thread with somewhat of a connection to do with flight models. Klaus started by saying he is using FSX, PMDG 737-700 with PM and having this problem, so Ray you're using FSX, PMDG 737-700 and PM while getting these same problems?

Jonathan you have posted images that show the error not occurring, but are you testing/confirming with FSX, PMDG 737-700 and PM or is the flight model PM's own model? I ask because I think there surely would be a difference between PMDG's model and PM's model...

Thanks so much for your time Jonathan as I am happy to be a proud PM software owner that knows you're a great customer supporter of Project Magenta and the Flight Simulation Hobby.

John

10+ Posting Member

Hello again
    The mail of JKCombs makes me think if it has something to see in the production of this error the one that is used airplanes that specifically are not designed for FSX. Concretely, in an airplane FS9 the flight model is just as the one of another FSX? it can influence the model of airplane (its behavior and form of flight) in airplanes FS9 used in FSX? I use PMDG sinpaneles and Project Opensky.
    Greetings

Israel Abril Fernández

150+ Forum Groupie

>>Jonathan you have posted images that show the error not occurring, but are you testing/confirming with FSX, PMDG 737-700 and PM or is the flight model PM's own model? I ask because I think there surely would be a difference between PMDG's model and PM's model...

Hi

It is a valid question, but I have used various models for these tests. The sim tests are done with our model (no problems) the other tests are done with PMDG and Default 737 - I have done probably 6hrs of tests in this specific area and found no error (so far) it still does not account for why some are seeing the error (unless they are not updating correctly or have miss-matches of data / nav cycles or something even after updating) - my feeling right now is saved route recall - but I have another idea:

There is in some models the facility in the airfile to allow for MAG drift (to enable the FS primary function [some airfiles have this checked some don't]). I just wonder (as it is enabled in the PMDG model) and if the option is selected and enabled for customers in their FSX Realism settings using PMDG (Instruments and Lights -> Enable gyro drift) this is a shot in the dark but this might also cause this error. Obviously I do not allow gyro drift on a 737 as it is designed for GA a/c typical condition. Anyway, I don't think it is that because I think by default this would be off in FSX unless people are turning it on - which would not make sense. Just something that sprung to mind at this stage...

On the pre-saved route file, I have no idea on this forum of where to get these saved routes.... if you have a tip let me know and I will run another test.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta

Thanks so much for your time Jonathan as I am happy to be a proud PM software owner that knows you're a great customer supporter of Project Magenta and the Flight Simulation Hobby.

John[/QUOTE]
    Jonathan Richardson

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanRichardson
    Fine I would think, as long as there is no navdata error / change subsequently / miss-match. If plans are saved, and then subsequently navdata changes are made, perhaps this is more the area of concern.
    I doubt any of those waypoints in the plan supplied have changed in the last few years. But even if they had and the lat/lon was slightly different shouldn't the aircraft still fly to the point in space stored in the CDU's waypoint? What is happening the last time I flew in FSX is the aircraft is aiming for a point to one side of the it and then veering in at the last minute trying to overfly it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanRichardson
    > But that was with older builds so I will try with those above in a day or two and report back. The plan is freely available should others wish to try it and report back. The more the merrier.

When you say avialable, you mean as a download on this website somewhere?
    No, I was referring to the EGCC-EIDW plan Pete uploaded yesterday and which you flew last night. That's the one that others could fly as it's only a short flight. Here's the link to it. http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...5&postcount=14
    Ray
    3 miles east of EGCC - home to British Airways Concorde 'Alpha Charlie'

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanRichardson View Post
    I just wonder (as it is enabled in the PMDG model) and if the option is selected and enabled for customers in their FSX Realism settings using PMDG (Instruments and Lights -> Enable gyro drift) this is a shot in the dark but this might also cause this error. Obviously I do not allow gyro drift on a 737 as it is designed for GA a/c typical condition. Anyway, I don't think it is that because I think by default this would be off in FSX unless people are turning it on
    Actually, I always have it enabled, it is just one of the "realism" things I automatically check when I set FS up. I always have done, just as I uncheck auto-rudder and everlasting fuel.

I'll certainly uncheck it before I do any further flights, just to see ... but it is strange that the same thing has no bad effect on PM in FS9 (or before, for that matter). I might not have time to try it before my Christmas break, so maybe you could do the reverse -- i.e. enable it and see if that does create the problem?

As far as other possibilities, well, I don't know. The waypoints and magenta lines are correct on the ND, so it is hard t imagine what different data could be used to compute the aircraft heading to be used. If it were a wind-compensating correction going wrong it would be different with different winds, yet it isn't -- it is always the same, or looks to be. This is why I always suspected a mag var difference.

Regards

Pete

150+ Forum Groupie

[QUOTE=Peter Dowson;71454]Actually, I always have it enabled, it is just one of the "realism" things I automatically check when I set FS up. I always have done, just as I uncheck auto-rudder and everlasting fuel.

Hi Pete

Agreed, further tests indicate it makes no difference. Certainly with current builds at least.

>This is why I always suspected a mag var difference.

Yes, you were correct, there certainly was a mag var error in FSX. But (in theory) it has been corrected.

I will check the saved routes when I get them.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

150+ Forum Groupie

>the flight plan generated by Route Finder (registered version), I generate a flight plan for FSx and I keep the directory where the flights in FSX are stored, introduce soon in FMC (CDU) using option COROUTE.

Not sure what the route finder is.. Are you importing it or entering the route manually? I think you must make a manual entry test. I am not sure what the error checking is like of the PM CDU for imports etc - in fact I don't think we have any, so I am have no idea what might happen with an imported flight plan from another planner.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

150+ Forum Groupie

>hat is happening the last time I flew in FSX is the aircraft is aiming for a point to one side of the it and then veering in at the last minute trying to overfly it.

That was due to the MAG var error which is gone, at least however hard I try, I can not create it. But I found something else but we will hopefully sort that before anyone notices - LOL

Re the other point, you are correct, unless there is some graphical error in drawing due to it.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

I updated to the latest versions of the GC, CDU and MCP and tried my EGCC-EIDW flight.

The results are no different to those I experienced a few months ago. Jonathan, I'm totally nonplussed why I get these problems and despite your best efforts you cannot replicate them.

These pictures show the problem better than I can describe it. I'm running the Boeing GC on a network PC and in F6 expanded mode. I can't see that making any difference but it does no harm to mention it.

The plan was one previously saved in the CDU.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ray
    3 miles east of EGCC - home to British Airways Concorde 'Alpha Charlie'

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Proudfoot View Post
    I updated to the latest versions of the GC, CDU and MCP and tried my EGCC-EIDW flight.

The results are no different to those I experienced a few months ago. Jonathan, I'm totally nonplussed why I get these problems and despite your best efforts you cannot replicate them
    Just to be sure, did you have Gyro Drift enabled or disabled in Aircraft Realism? I know it shouldn't have an effect, but I'd like to see it proven.

Pete

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast